Talk

Advanced search

I have found my Holy Grail of lunch boxes

(19 Posts)
SpawnChorus Thu 27-Aug-09 14:28:33

Voila

It's perfect! The four removable compartments keep different bits of lunch separate, and you can remove two of the compartments if you want to bung a big sandwich or cutlery in. DD (4) has been VERY pleased with her lunches (as was DH, 34 wink).

The lunches look sooo purdy. <<stepford>>

SpawnChorus Thu 27-Aug-09 14:48:21

I'm sure someone out there must be as dull as me interested in this!

SlartyBartFast Thu 27-Aug-09 15:01:59

removable compartments is a good feature, i don't like compartments which mean you can't fit in a sandwhich.
how about a drinks bottle though?
woudl that fit.

also rather pricey.

sillyoldfatcatpuss Thu 27-Aug-09 15:04:14

But but but it's SEE THROUGH! The teachers will see all the naughty things I put in my dc's lunch wink

SlartyBartFast Thu 27-Aug-09 15:07:45

and not just the teachers sillyold,... the judgy other parents ! wink

SpawnChorus Thu 27-Aug-09 15:11:26

But you can take two compartments out if you want to include a sandwich. Drinks bottle gets carried separately, but none of the other boxes I saw could fit a drink in. DD has a little tote bag to carry the box + beaker.

It's only a fiver...that's pretty cheap isn't it? Or at least it's cheaper than the "Laptop" lunch boxes that I was considering.

And it's all dishwasherable and microwaveable. <<foot in door>>

mankymummymoo Thu 27-Aug-09 15:11:58

It looks huge though... how big is it? will my four year old be able to lift it?!!

SlartyBartFast Thu 27-Aug-09 15:13:22

is it easy enough to open and close?

sillyoldfatcatpuss Thu 27-Aug-09 15:13:48

I mean really...no olives/hummous/couscous/other such muck healthy foods my children won't touch with a barge pole

SlartyBartFast Thu 27-Aug-09 15:14:42

you could put it pretend carrot sticks,... just for show you know? grin

SpawnChorus Thu 27-Aug-09 15:15:02

Hmm...wrt transparency, I do provide uber-gorgeous lunches. <<preen>>

(disclaimer: I'm massively pregnant and my nesting instincts seem to be centred around dinky lunch goodies...give it another few weeks and DD will be lucky to get a philly sandwich and packet of crisps...decanted into a compartment, natch)

TracyK Thu 27-Aug-09 15:15:20

It looks like the closing mechanism of some tubs I have - they are a nightmare - get 3 sides popped closed - go to do the 4th and 1 of the other pops open.

SpawnChorus Thu 27-Aug-09 15:17:14

I think it's about 20cm square. Tiddly DD (4) has no problem carrying or opening it...NB she's tiddly because she subsists mainly on olives and cucumber wink

SpawnChorus Thu 27-Aug-09 15:18:34

TracyK - mine seem fine so far, but I've only had them a week. Did yours gradually develop the problem? <<worried>>

TracyK Fri 28-Aug-09 10:46:11

Yes they gradually got worse - but I bought half a dozen of them so I'm not sure if the interchanging of the lids made it a problem. Maybe the lid like to stay with the tub it was born with iykwim!

GeneHunt Fri 28-Aug-09 10:58:58

I have just bought one of those for my lunch at college and found that the one I bought fit perfectly inside a Sainsbury's basic blue insulated lunch bag. Bargainacious!

I am very drawn to laptop lunchboxes but think they are silly money.

Drool.

GeneHunt Fri 28-Aug-09 11:02:03

I think I would cry if I were 7 years old and found this in my lunchbox. grin

Not your average lunchable

GeneHunt Fri 28-Aug-09 11:03:21

This looks yummy though...

Scrummy

pixiblue Fri 28-Aug-09 21:29:54

Haven't got this lunchbox but have loads of other Lock and Lock boxes, several years old and never had a problem with the popper lids. I threw away all my cheaper versions when I discovered there was a brand that didn't keep popping open. They have some sort of guarantee about the boxes as hinges are tested to be opened a gazillion lot of times.

blush used to watch too much shopping channel tv.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now