Talk

Advanced search

What double pushchair

(6 Posts)
Slovenlymummy Wed 26-Aug-09 09:59:15

Wonder if anyone can help...expecting DC3 in few months and don't know what pushchair to go for. Three year gap between DS and DD so never needed a double as just used buggy board, but DD will only be 2.3 when newborn arrives so will need something to put them both in. I know most people have phil and teds for this situation but am reluctant to spend so much as DD likes to walk when poss so will use old pram with buggy board most oftime but need something for full days out and scary trips such as shopping centre! Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

girlsyearapart Wed 26-Aug-09 11:41:52

Hi my dd1 was only 1 when her sister arrived and I really didn't want to get a p and t. I got a Mothercare Hoxton which has a fully reclining backseat and a fixed front one.

Total nightmare to push. Barely used it and ended up buying a 2nd hand p&t for £150. So so much easier to push- though mine not fab for shopping bags etc.

My sister had 2 years 2 mo between her youngest and had an Aria (Mamas and Papas I think) which is a side by side but easy to fold and narrow enough to go through doors. Not too pricey either. HTH

sweetkitty Wed 26-Aug-09 11:45:43

Twin Aira utterly rubbish especially with a heavy 2 yo in one side.

I also had a tandem, also not that great.

Phil and Teds all the way especially if your DD likes to walk, once DB is out the coccoon bit they can go in the front then you can have extra seat at the back for tired legs/rainy days/containment at shopping centres etx

BikeRunSki Wed 26-Aug-09 11:59:55

My friend with twins is very happy with her M&P Pulse Twin. It is narrow enough for shopping and front doors and folds into the boot of her Fiesta. And suitable from birth.

StretchFucksTheMailDaily Wed 26-Aug-09 12:23:21

We have just bought this one only last week, but it was £117! Still, price isn't bad! You don't get a raincover, but we bought one from toyrus for £15.

Easy fold too.

I have borrowed a side by side one from a friend for the long journeys as the front and back ones can be fairly heavy. But if your DC likes to walk, then you should manage.

Slovenlymummy Wed 26-Aug-09 15:39:26

Thanks for your replies - gives me some options to think about. Ta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now