Talk

Advanced search

Sims2 - Suitable or unsuitable for a 9-10 year old?

(4 Posts)
whippet Tue 25-Aug-09 17:32:54

DS has been nagging me about wanting this. Two of his friends have it (WITH the nightlife expansion pack etc).
I'm not so sure if it's the sort of thing I want him doing. I've read a few reviews, and they talk about the fact that the Sims have 'woohoo' (sex) can marry/ cheat/ have affairs (with no significant consequences).

I think he's probably too young, and that the parents of his friends probably don't really know what their children are playing?

Any views?

Rhian82 Tue 25-Aug-09 17:56:26

Hmm, yes I was going to say about the fact that they can have sex (well they 'play' on a vibrating bed, and go all pixellated). I only have a baby so no idea what is really suitable for older kids, how do you feel about him playing a game where he can make characters do those things? Or will he just not understand and not think to tell them to do that?

PixiNanny Tue 25-Aug-09 18:04:18

My charge (8yo) has it but doesn't understand the dynamics of relationships enough to make hers cheat on one another and get married. She does get them to woohoo, but then her parents are very open about it so she knows what it is in detail already ('special cuddle' in their household lol).

I would suggest the pets expansion if you are going to buy it with an expansion pack, but tbh, it's a complex game if he's looking to understand all of it, there's a lot of factors that make it stupidly difficult to comprehend even for an adult

The only issue you would have with it would be woohoo I should think, if he has a good understanding of it already then it shouldn't be too much of an issue for you

PixiNanny Tue 25-Aug-09 18:05:55

Though, I warn you, it's a time consuming game, you will have to regulate it extremely well and don't get too offended if he misses dinner because he's on it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now