Talk

Advanced search

Cars - advise please

(15 Posts)
NeedaNewName Mon 24-Aug-09 20:26:05

I have been left some money and am possibly lloking at getting a car and just looking for some general advice please ladies.

I would like something that has the option of 7 seats (for parents about 5 days every 3 months + would be very useful at other timnes too) with the back ones easily removerable when the large boot is needed.

I love the Grand Voyager but have been told by absolutely everyone they are expensive to run and maintain.

So what can you recommend?

Also has anyone here done the car leasing? What are the pros and cons?

Basically its a very good sum of money £7K but not enough to buy a new car. Will I get what I want for that?

TIA

nicm Mon 24-Aug-09 21:06:13

DO NOT buy a renault! you will spend a fortune on repairs angry and most of your time running to the garage to get it fixed !!

anyhow, i hear that the toyotas are very good, my friend's dad has one and loves it. normally changes every 3 years but is keeping this one as he loves it so much!

NeedaNewName Wed 26-Aug-09 21:25:04

LOL we currently have a Renault Scenic and love it - had no reall problems at all (will probably breakdown tomorrow now!)

I will have a look at Toyotas now - any one in particular?

Any other suggestions?

nicm Wed 26-Aug-09 21:59:24

lucky you! wink i wish i was as lucky!!

the toyota verso i think it's called, it's the small 7 seater like the grand scenic-with the 2 seats that fold into the floor in the boot. wish i had got one of these to start with!!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 26-Aug-09 22:02:09

I'd be interested to hear about the Toyota Corolla Verso too as thats a possible on our list when we change our car in the near future.

NeedaNewName Wed 26-Aug-09 22:09:36

Just had a look at the verso, and though it looks good, I just don't think the rear seats are big enough.

I was in a grand scenic not so long ago - suffered te same problem - no room in the back at all.

This is why I love the Grand Voyager - but have been told it is expensive to run and maintain so it has to be a no.

Just having a look at the Mazda 5 and Ford Galaxy now.

So confusing on what to get!

Ponders Wed 26-Aug-09 22:13:07

There is a bigger Verso that they don't make any more, based on the Avensis rather than the Corolla - you'd probably struggle to find one though. Or you could look for a Previa (full size MPV, now discontinued)

There's a Mazda 5-7 seater with sliding doors, can't remember what it's called, will look for you.

LargeGlassofRed Wed 26-Aug-09 22:13:17

I have a toyota hiece reguis, its fantastic!
8 seats
big boot even with seats up,
really reliable and a breeze to drive.

Ponders Wed 26-Aug-09 22:18:30

The Mazda is either the 5 or the MPV.

Basically though any Japanese car will be better than any French one smile

PlumBumMum Wed 26-Aug-09 22:21:22

Grand Voyager are very expensive to run,
Toyota or Volkswagen is probably your best bet

NeedaNewName Wed 26-Aug-09 22:21:50

LOL!!!!!

Like the look of the Mazda 5

herbietea Wed 26-Aug-09 22:23:15

Message withdrawn

PlumBumMum Wed 26-Aug-09 22:23:43

Do you really need a new car,
what about one even 1/2 year old as new cars lose the most amount of money in the first couple of years!

NeedaNewName Wed 26-Aug-09 22:29:31

No don't want (well actually would love) a new car, its not that much oney anyway.

Ideally I would spend no more than £6K ut I don't thinks thats very realistic!

Just having a look on What Car at the mo - the Mitsubishi Grandis has good reviews

PlumBumMum Wed 26-Aug-09 22:33:06

3-4 year old tourans seem to be in around that price range on autrader and some have very low miles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now