Talk

Advanced search

What Lego does your 6 year old ds love?

(15 Posts)
MilaMae Mon 24-Aug-09 18:50:38

Dtwin 1 soon to be 6 is suddenly massively into Lego and only wants Lego for his bday.

We have 2 large boxes with vehicles and buildings bits in. He can follow instructions but also likes making his own creations. Have looked on the Lego site and there are masses of different themes,no idea what to go for.

What have been hits in your house?

FlightHattendant Mon 24-Aug-09 18:52:53

Starwars but tis more expensive than usual stuff, die to copyright perhaps? I think it is anyway, he's just getting into lego.

He likes Exoforce too, that's good value esp from TK maxx or somewhere.

Bionicles fit with lego, ds builds all kinds of hybrid stuff. We got a huge box of random parts from ebay. HTH

FlightHattendant Mon 24-Aug-09 18:54:03

Due, not die! Sorry

dietstartstomorrow Mon 24-Aug-09 18:54:25

My DS's love the Star Wars, Indiana and Lego city.

owlandpussycat Mon 24-Aug-09 18:55:00

My ds got into Lego about 6 as well, he's 7 now. I know what you mean about the range of stuff. He's got some city stuff- the plane and boat, some star wars and Indiana Jones( his fav for actually playing with rather than making)

weegiemum Mon 24-Aug-09 18:59:12

All of it! (Ds is 7)

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lego racers, Power Miners.

But he never builds the kids - after getting the "Raiders of the Lost ark" temple for Christmas, he has built about 100 different temples, but never the one on the box!!

I do know that the best stuff is dh's from when he was small (had loads of it, we now have about half of it), and the mixed bags of 1kg a time we got from ebay. That is a good deal, esp if there are figures in it.

The Indy kit for Christmas was also an ebay find - dh spent about 3 hours building it one afternoon before ds got home from school to "check it was all there"!!!

Not just ds either, dd1 (9) and dd2 (5) also play with a huge amount of lego!

SparkyToo Sat 29-Aug-09 19:30:36

My son is 6 and is really into the Power Miners range at the moment.

mrsruffallo Sat 29-Aug-09 19:38:10

Another lego city vote here

IdrisTheDragon Sat 29-Aug-09 19:52:47

DS will be 6 in November and is also very keen on Lego smile.

He likes Lego City, Indiana Jones and also ones he calls Transformers where you get instructions for three different items. He got this on our recent visit to legoland and has been having great fun with it. He also loves using whatever bits he finds lying around (qnd there are lots of them grin ) and making wo derful creations with them. He likes having a good variety of wheels

Mousey84 Sat 29-Aug-09 19:55:12

My DD is 6 and loves lego city and pirate sets (they go in the bath with her)

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 29-Aug-09 20:04:20

Star Wars lego, Lego City, Powerminers, Bionicles, pretty much all of it TBHgrin

Both Ds's love the Star Wars minifigures. A good way to buy them is as magnets; the minifirgures come off the magnets and it's much cheaper than buying the big sets.

Also you can buy the keyrings with minifigures attached for £3 and remove the keyring bit.

aristocat Wed 02-Sep-09 16:20:18

my DCs play with their lego police station and it is excellent
we also enjoy building houses/cars too smile

MrsPuddleduck Wed 02-Sep-09 16:34:40

Vote for the police station here - it has loads of play value in it. I got ours from Amazon as I think it was about £20 cheaper there than ToysRUs and Argos.

Ds1 is going to be 6 on Saturday and I have relented and bought him the Indiana Jones Minecart set. As someone else said - DH will spend two days building it and then Ds will play with it.

He also loves the Star Wars but I feel it is too old for him so I try and steer him towards other sets.

Can't really go wrong with anything from lego city.

NinjaRain Wed 02-Sep-09 16:38:33

My ds is 4 1/2 and loves the creator stuff (he has the spider/snake/fly 3-in-1 one) and the power miner stuff. His dad has just rescue his old technical lego out of the loft which ds loves but can wind his dad round his finger get his dad to make for him.

For my ds it is the building rather then the playing. The power miner stuff has the advance that you can go onto the internet and download additional instructions to make models out of 2 kits compbined.

He also has a troll/viking one with a cannon.

MilaMae Wed 02-Sep-09 18:55:53

Many thanks all grin

Have decided on a Lego game and a small cheapish one each of racers, powerminers and Creators one so he can tell us which he loves when Xmas arrives. Have seen ones for £3 or £4 which are quite reasonable.

He has the Lego Creator train which he adores,fantastic value for money as it's 3 in 1 and £4ish so interested in that spider thing. Dp is desperate to buy an Indiana Jones set but I think it's more pricey,will look to see if they do a cheap one so we can see if he'll love it as much as dp smile

Thanks again,it's been a great help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now