Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations on toy storage for a lounge please

(19 Posts)
stressed2007 Mon 24-Aug-09 14:33:57

My lounge s going under toy cars, lorries and balls etc. I need about 3 toy boxes I suspect so that at least the items can be cleared each day. I don't want plastic tubs. It needs to look quite nice as this is our best room. Has anyone seen anything pleasant to look at - I don't think white plastic boxes are going to do it? Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Dogshitsonthedailymail Mon 24-Aug-09 14:35:55

Message withdrawn

Egg Mon 24-Aug-09 14:37:31

We use these ones from ELC. They do a cars, dinosaurs etc (but not a really girly one). I have three DC so we have three and they have one each for their toys. The plan is that they will eventually put all their own toys away each night (they are only 3, 1 and 1 at the mo).

LaTrucha Mon 24-Aug-09 14:38:04

We have this. Sharp corners but big and looks fine (we didn't put the horrid feet on). We've had it years and no marks / scratches etc

They also do a seagrass one which is smaller but probably safer.

LaTrucha Mon 24-Aug-09 14:39:53

We also have the white woven linen basket that they have in Matalan in DDs bedroom.

Toy boxes ar outrageously expensive IMO and too small.

Egg Mon 24-Aug-09 14:40:08

Just seen this at GLTC though and it doesn't actually cost much more than three of the ELC ones.

Katz Mon 24-Aug-09 14:43:26

do you have space for a small bookcase? we have the besta range from ikea which couples with the samla boxes makes fab toy storeage

Katz Mon 24-Aug-09 14:43:47

plus you can add doors

stressed2007 Mon 24-Aug-09 14:47:05

yes lots of space - it is just what it looks like really

nappyzoneisback Mon 24-Aug-09 14:50:54

We have like a wooden chest thing thats more square - in the dinidng room we have some of those faux leather storage cubeboxes which are probably used most as we designate one for ds cars and one for dd stuff. I am hoping as toys get smaller we can lose the front room chest soon.

stressed2007 Mon 24-Aug-09 15:01:19

funny - I was thinking about the faux leather too - just concerned about the hinges on them. Whatever we buy must have a slow close hinge on them

nappyzoneisback Mon 24-Aug-09 15:02:24

mine are lidded not hinged - i got them from instore

RubyBlueberry Mon 24-Aug-09 15:07:38

Love that GLTC one - I will be saving for that one right now!!

stressed2007 Mon 24-Aug-09 15:09:30

What if they just bang shut then - if they don't have a hinge? How much were they if you don't mind me asking - I have only seen them for abut £70

LaTrucha Mon 24-Aug-09 15:16:09

Mine has a child catch thingy.

nappyzoneisback Mon 24-Aug-09 15:17:58

gawwd i dunno but they were less than £20 each - they actually had woolies labels on them.

stressed2007 Mon 24-Aug-09 15:23:33

bargain compared to what I have seen

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 24-Aug-09 15:28:27

I used to have a big whicker basket which I used to pile her stuff in. As she got a bit older I had a mini wendy house thingy in the corner of the room. It didn't look particulalry stylish but then again I didn't fancy carting dd's stuff up to her bedroom every day, so I put up with it.

pigleychez Mon 24-Aug-09 15:58:25

We have the Seagrass chest from Argos for DD's toys.

Its a good size so everything goes away nicely at bedtime. We have even got DD to put them in the box herself and shut the lid- Shes only 13mmths!

Obviously no soft close hinge on it but the lid is light enough its not really going to hurt. DD has been found head first in it reaching for a toy with feet in the air and the lid on her! Very funny!- She was laughing too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now