Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Britax kidfix - is it the only isofix stage 2 -3 car seat?

(13 Posts)
CarGirl Sat 22-Aug-09 22:12:38

I have looked on line and can't find any others?

Looking for age 4-12 years.

CarGirl Sun 23-Aug-09 15:20:12

bump

anyone got access to which? reports on them?

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 23-Aug-09 15:22:08

I think there may be another, but we have these and they are very good, my9yo has just outgrown hers

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 23-Aug-09 15:22:53

sorry - It was the only isofix and therefore best performing when we bought. I think arguably less important than for younger children, but we thought worth the ££££££333

moomaa Sun 23-Aug-09 15:28:01

I've been reading up on ISOFIX recently and it only works up to a certain weight limit, that's why you can't find them for older kids. I'll see if I can find a link.

CarGirl Sun 23-Aug-09 15:29:15

want to sell it grin

I've found a Jane Indy one, and I think they've brought out a new one. I've got a BMW one (2nd hand locally) but they only go up to age 7.

In part I want them as the seats shift around when they climb in and out of them?

moomaa Sun 23-Aug-09 15:37:17

Ok, ISOFIX points have a limit of 40lbs when the child is rearfacing, it's different if they are forward facing so ignore me!

JustKeepSwimming Sun 23-Aug-09 15:37:35

We've got Recaro ones that are Isofix:

here

we're very happy with ours so far

CarGirl Sun 23-Aug-09 15:39:52

I wonder if Which? have done a comparison on them yet, think I may have to fork out and join only to find out that they haven't!

rosie39forever Sun 23-Aug-09 16:20:56

we have the jane indy and its realy good have had it for a few years,dd is nearly 6, because of the isofix it doesn't move around at all and is suiable up to 12 years, also the back rest bit comes off so you can just use the booster seat bit as your child gets bigger, they also come in a selection of funky colours.

fabhead Sun 23-Aug-09 23:28:39

weve got the kidfix and it is v good 0 would recommend - solid as a rock and doesnt move aqround at all

thegrammerpolicesic Wed 26-Aug-09 09:37:46

Concord do one - it's fab - the Transformer XT - really comfy and does very well in German safety tests.

imaginewittynamehere Wed 26-Aug-09 09:55:27

I've just chosen mine & I did a lot of research.

There aren't many, I have chosen jane montecarlo which is the new version of the indy.
As others have said Recaro do one & so do Mamas and Papas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now