Talk

Advanced search

can someone find me a letter holder/tidy for a kitchen...Please !

(19 Posts)
shhhh Fri 21-Aug-09 14:33:32

Im after a basket/letter holder for the kitchen.
Though of a basket type but open to ideas.
Something to be on the kitchen unit to store letters till read/sorted. Nothing big and something that looks nice.

Thought next would have something but can't seem to find anything..hmm. Don't even know what its called hmmblush

TIA X

brandonsflower Fri 21-Aug-09 18:09:25

I've been looking for one aswell , have found these....
Sorry to bombard you!

herewww.amazon.co.uk/White-Wooden-Heart-Letter-Rack/dp/B001DEPFT8/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1250 873842&sr=1-29
for kitchen
like this one a lot
wine inspired!

like this one too!

shhhh Sat 22-Aug-09 16:02:14

You have seen the same ones as me..!

I like the JL one but wanted it closed at the sides (awkward I know) blush.

I do also like the 2 wooden once with heart and the ones with a few compartments....though I may get something cheaper..hey ho..!

Been into next today and nothing..hmm laura ashley had nothing and not even au natural had anything shock.

May just resign myself to one of the above grin.

Thanks for the link though..keep looking !

SweetApril Sat 22-Aug-09 16:12:35

Have you tried Muji? They have lots of the clear acrylic stuff like JL. Can't see a letter rack but lots of storage boxes in different sizes and shapes one of which might be good for letters.

shhhh Sun 23-Aug-09 16:24:05

will take a look sweetapril, thankyou smile.
Bumping for other ideas x

mumtoted Sun 23-Aug-09 18:53:42

I bought one made of light wood, enclosed at the sides, and space for pens, from Ikea.

shhhh Sun 23-Aug-09 19:35:45

oh, never thought of ikea. grin off to search them as well. Thankyou x

shhhh Sun 23-Aug-09 19:46:02

mumtoted...thanks!!

like this and this and this but will prob visit the store to get a closer look smile Thankyou, I think I may now have got what I wanted!

mumtoted Sun 23-Aug-09 19:52:55

You're welcome. I've got the first one, Mackis, I keep it on the kitchen table and the children use it for pens, paper & glue etc. It holds quite a lot. Do you stop for meatballs while you're in Ikea or go for the dimes & hot dog on your way out?

shhhh Sun 23-Aug-09 20:17:52

so would you say it would be fine for letters.? just while waiting for dh to read his post they sit on the kitchen unti and I want it tody now! Needed a closer look to make sure it would hold post..

I don't often go to Ikea as its about 45 min drive away and dh hates it (don't they all!) but my mum will love a trip out ! Never had anything there to eat but now tempted ! dimes..? what are they..?

lisbey Sun 23-Aug-09 20:21:28

My mum's still using the one I made from a cereal box covered with sticky back plastic, as demonstrated on Blue Peter c. 1976. smile There's a matching pen pot made from a Fairy Liquid bottle (when they were cylindrical) too!

mumtoted Sun 23-Aug-09 20:29:10

Well you'll have to go now just to try a Dime bar! They sell them in the shop on the way out, bags of little brittle caramel covered in chocolate, yummy!
Yes i think it would be fine for letters. It holds sheets of A4 size paper sideways perfectly.

shhhh Sun 23-Aug-09 20:41:20

lol lisbey! my blue peter efforts never looked as they should..hmm.

Ah dimes, yes I have had them and I agree they are lovely but didn't realise they were an ikea reward! aren't they now called daim bars..? or something like that blush

I agree, they are v morish..grin

mumtoted Sun 23-Aug-09 21:19:18

Yes i think you're right about the funny spelling. You'll definitely need a reward after a 45 min drive followed by at least an hour and a half in store. I can never get through the market place without spending 30 quid minimum.
Could be an expensive letter rack!

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 09:16:04

yes, thats my trouble. I always seem to find a billion and one things I need hmm

HappyHome Mon 24-Aug-09 21:29:18

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for but I have this letter holder in my kitchen.

shhhh Tue 25-Aug-09 16:29:14

thats lovely happyhome smile.

BUT....I managed to get sorted at Ikea today grin.
Spent a small fortune blush and got this which is perfect...Oh and mumtoted....I ended up with dime bars and new version they do in roll's grin Yummy !

mumtoted Wed 26-Aug-09 09:00:00

Was it heaving there? Glad you found what you wanted, including the dime's!

shhhh Wed 26-Aug-09 19:32:41

Yes, it was heaving hmm. Think we spent an hour and half there buying shit stuff grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now