Talk

Advanced search

Highchair v's Booster seat.

(6 Posts)
pigleychez Thu 20-Aug-09 09:06:52

We were given a fab M+p Highchair from a friend for DD which we have been using but its now looking rather shabby and the cover is splitting.
Tried getting another cover but seems i cant.

Looking at another seat for DD now but wondering if it would be best to now go for a booster seat kind of seat or another highchair?

Thoughts anyone? Recommendations?

A booster would prob need to have different seat heights as our table is quite high.

MrsBadger Thu 20-Aug-09 09:14:43

how old is she?
the Handysitt is fab

or a Tripp Trapp witll last forever - cheaper if you don;t need to buy the baby kit too

pigleychez Thu 20-Aug-09 09:21:55

Sorry, Meant of said shes 12mths.

Firawla Thu 20-Aug-09 22:27:25

we have a booster @ inlaws and had two different highchairs @ our house (quite nice chicco one at the moment and v cheap not great basic mothercare one previously), i found both the high chairs are better and much more convenient than the booster. not sure exactly what booster it is, just that its multicoloured plastic and folds up but it is a pita taking the tray in & out to put the child in it & not that sturdy/secure on the chair imo so wouldn't really recommend

penona Thu 20-Aug-09 22:36:24

Ikea Antilop highchair is brilliant and at £10 (£15 with a removable tray) is a total bargain. V easy to wash and clean and they can sit up at the table with you.

Handysitts are excellent but expensive, and don't always fit every chair.

The advantage with a highchair is you can strap them in, lots of the booster seats that make them taller are useless when they are at an age of getting up and running away!!!

moomaa Sun 23-Aug-09 15:56:44

I vote for a booster, we moved our DD into one at 12 months. They can sit at the table, which is more sociable and I find it easier to clean. I got this cheapo one from Tesco: direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-9082.aspx (it is often on half price special).

It has straps and a removable tray so you can use it like a highchair if you want and folds flat if you want to take it round someone's house. There are 3 height settings (our table is tall too, DH got it before he got me and I have to use a footstool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now