Talk

Advanced search

Can you get a single child trailer for the back of your bike and if so....

(8 Posts)
mamadiva Wed 19-Aug-09 16:14:43

has anyone used one?

I have not cycled for years but thought I might start cycling to nursery and places with 3YO DS, it takes us forever to get to nursery as he is rather slow with the walking and even with him in the pram it is a 35 minute walk.

Would you say these are okay for a non experienced cyclist and big enough for a tall 3YO?

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 16:23:39

We have one of the double type, which was only ever used for ds who is big for his age. I was still using it when he was 4.

We got ours brand new from Ebay.

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 16:28:04

Here is a single

mamadiva Wed 19-Aug-09 16:34:01

Love the colour of that one

Does it make cycling a lot harder balance wise or is ti pretty much the same?

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 16:35:41

Balance is fine, much easier than one of those seats on the bike. I found pulling it round quite easy but then where I live is mostly flat. It was a life saver for nursery tbh, they come with a built in rain cover thing too.

Ds loved being in his.

mamadiva Wed 19-Aug-09 16:42:05

Thanks

I have a bit of a cycle phobia thingy but as I don't drive it would be soo much easier (not to mention might help shift my lard arse ) we are pretty much on the flat here to with occasional slopes rather than hills TBH so hopefully...

Just need to try and get a bike for it to attach to first LOL.

Defo going to look into it though as I thought you could only get doubles so never really looked before.

mamadiva Wed 19-Aug-09 16:43:33

Thanks

I have a bit of a cycle phobia thingy but as I don't drive it would be soo much easier (not to mention might help shift my lard arse ) we are pretty much on the flat here to with occasional slopes rather than hills TBH so hopefully...

Just need to try and get a bike for it to attach to first LOL.

Defo going to look into it though as I thought you could only get doubles so never really looked before.

they had the single ones reduced in toys r us the other week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now