Talk

Advanced search

Best shoes for a cruising but not walking yet 12m old? Looking at Robeez...

(17 Posts)
BintOfBohemia Wed 19-Aug-09 09:11:24

...but am fairly open minded.

Have been looking at these flat paddy type of shoes, but am wondering if he needs more support, like this? It probably won't be long until he's walking (couple of months) and we're a bit skint so want to make sure we get something that he'll get teh most use out of.

Bit hmm that his trainers are going to cost the same as mine!

Any suggestions? Obviously they don't have to be Robeez, have just been looking at them as that's what he's had for the last 6 months.

CMOTdibbler Wed 19-Aug-09 09:17:36

The paddy type are the best by far. They shouldn't have anything with solid soles until they have been walking independantly for 6 weeks or more

nicm Wed 19-Aug-09 09:33:33

i had flummy's for ds. he used them until he had been walking about a month before i got him proper shoes. hth.

Tommy Wed 19-Aug-09 09:38:06

I wouldn't bother while the sun is shining - let them go bare foot

4andnotout Wed 19-Aug-09 09:44:08

I buy my dd's shoes that are identical to robeez but only £3.99 on ebay, the shop is this one

plusonemore Wed 19-Aug-09 09:44:56

bare feet are best! (unless outside but then if they're not walking that doesnt matter either!)

abra1d Wed 19-Aug-09 09:46:16

He doesn't need shoes if he's not walking. Better for his feet not to have them. Most of us spend too much time wearing them, anyway.

weegiemum Wed 19-Aug-09 09:47:44

No shoes.

plusonemore Wed 19-Aug-09 09:48:40

this quote
"Hold off buying shoes until your baby is walking outside. Going barefoot helps improve balance and coordination."

from here

BintOfBohemia Wed 19-Aug-09 11:36:24

Thanks everyone!

He doesn't wear them if we're indoors (not a massive shoe wearing fan myself) but they're more for keeping his socks on when we're out and about, or if he's cruising about outdoors...

Firawla Wed 19-Aug-09 12:24:15

the cruising shoes (pre walkers) they sell in clarks are really solid soles it looks almost like walking shoes :S

4andnotout £3.99 is really good!
how do u work out the size though they just wrote the age like 18-24 but what's that in uk shoe sizes? my ds is 4.5 i dno if shoe would be too small?

MrsBadger Wed 19-Aug-09 12:27:06

I didn;t even get dd measured till she was walking well and needed proper shoes - up till then the age guides are usually fine. 18-24m sounds fine for a 4.5.

MaybeAfterBreakfast Wed 19-Aug-09 13:01:24

bicalsocks? Had these for ds2 and they were fab. Stayed on quite well. I bought them on the strength of MN recommendations.

BintOfBohemia Wed 19-Aug-09 13:26:40

Actually, I should probably be looking into buying him thigh length wellies, poor little Mancunian.

Deemented Wed 19-Aug-09 13:48:06

My dd is 15 months and i haven't bothered with cruisrs for her - she adores being barefoot, so much so that she won't have socks on at all. She's almost walking now, so i'll probably wait til the kids go back to school and take her and have her properly measured for shoes/boots that will last her the winter.

With ds, my pfb, i bought into the whole cruiser thing. £35 down the drain. Never again.

Firawla Wed 02-Sep-09 00:38:17

sorry to bump up quite old thread but just wanted to say i got those 3.99 shoes that 4and.. linked here, they arrived today and so impressed with them for that price, so just wanted to 2nd their recomendation grin

nicolamumof3 Wed 02-Sep-09 09:48:49

sorry to disagree with all, but if walking outside ie cruising around equipment at park all my ds wore clarks cruisers, v.soft flexible soles compared to proper walking shoes but for autumn they keep feet dry and protected. otherwise indoors or whilst sitting in pram nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now