Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please please please tell me where i can get a shoe to fit my 3.7 year olds H fitting feet?

(11 Posts)
Beauregard Tue 18-Aug-09 13:57:02

She is already a 10/11 H the shops dont have anything and cant find online either.

PfftTheMagicDragon Tue 18-Aug-09 14:01:56

Ds is a 10H. We went to get him fitted for school shoes at John Lewis and had a choice of 2 a Clarks and a Start Rite.

If you can bear to shop at Clarks, you can order the styles to be delivered into store and then try them then.

Psychobabble Tue 18-Aug-09 14:02:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PfftTheMagicDragon Tue 18-Aug-09 14:06:21

For school shoes, Clarks do these and these in an H. Am sure you can find some at start rite as well.

There just isn't much choice, and the worst thing is that it makes is so much harder to get cheaper shoes from anywhere else as they just do standard fittings angry

And the shops always say to me "oh no, the wide fittings always sell out so quickly!" and I think....well, order some more you numptys!

CMOTdibbler Tue 18-Aug-09 14:07:26

Ricosta are fab - they do a wide fit that is very wide, and the only thing that fits my DS.

If you are still in the county on your profile, then its a bit tricky for stockists, but we go to one place in Rugby -
nikki Lus, and another in S Oxfordshire - Doogies. Both have a good range of different brands, but Nikki Lu's is particularly good ime

NotEvenTheTrees Tue 18-Aug-09 14:09:42

DD has always been an H fitting. Start rite do that width fitting. Not a lot of choice but they do them. They're wider than a Clarks H too.

Beauregard Tue 18-Aug-09 14:24:35

All they had was 2 pairs of school shoes,i even asked for trainers and they were too narrow.I went to Clarkes and 2 independant retailers of clarkes and startrite.I looked at the order catalogue in store and they were school shoes or winter bootssad
The price of some of the shoes are extortionate also.Not sure where to go from here.
Thanks for replies though.

Beauregard Tue 18-Aug-09 14:25:41

I dont want her to have school shoes before she even starts school.

NotEvenTheTrees Tue 18-Aug-09 15:20:52

We're very fortunate to live near a startrite outlet/warehouse store. Thus far have always had a choice of shoes in an H and for a decent price. £12 the most I've ever paid.

Stupid prices they charge aren't they?

NotEvenTheTrees Tue 18-Aug-09 15:22:01

I know it's not ideal but a friend also has a dd with an H fitting but she goes for a G with a half size bigger. So 8.5G instead of 8H so there's more choice.

PfftTheMagicDragon Tue 18-Aug-09 21:24:29

Oh so not school shoes.

DS usually has Doodles in the summer. Some of the styles (the wider ones with the Velcro straps across the front will fit him in a G fitting. Winter is more of a pain, and as for wellies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now