Talk

Advanced search

Pampered Chef Stoneware - shall I buy it?

(8 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Mon 17-Aug-09 13:11:32

Is it worth it?

DH thinks we should buy some as you don't have to use oil but I am a bit concerned about how dirty it looks and not washing it!!

So come tell me the pros and cons girls!

It has to be cheaper and not as heavy or a pain int he arse as Le Crueset to use doesn't it?

poopscoop Mon 17-Aug-09 13:20:49

it does blacken quite quickly, but very good stuff if you can afford it. But is still quite heavy...

Mousey84 Mon 17-Aug-09 23:31:38

You could just use non-stick tins? The stoneware absorbs oils from the food you cook on it, so technically it does use oil!

I have some PC stoneware and its ok. I love my Le Creuset though and use it for everything.

bea Tue 18-Aug-09 18:57:28

i've got the pizza stone and use it for pizza (of course) and baking bread... it's great for that, but i think le crueset is fab for casseroles etc... how could you not like le crueset! shame on you! wink

BreevandercampLGJ Tue 18-Aug-09 18:59:13

No.

Is that clear enough ??grin

Lostmykeys Tue 18-Aug-09 19:02:27

Mine stays in the cupboard.... I love some of their other stuff though.

blametheparents Tue 18-Aug-09 19:05:46

I really like the couple of pieces of Pampered Chef stoneware that I have got.
The rectangular baker is great for Toad in the Hole.
Also like the baking stone which is great for potato wedges

pixiblue Wed 19-Aug-09 23:26:21

I love the yorkshire pud tray, I've never had such large fluffy successful puds before and given the chance I'd also like the pizza stone but they are heavy and you do need to give them a good oiling at first.
I love the baked in look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now