Talk

Advanced search

3 year old boy toys...

(10 Posts)
waitingforbedtime Thu 13-Aug-09 19:33:50

Anyone got any reccomendations? My son will be 3 at Christmas so we, and other relatives are wanting to try and buy him things soon to spread the cost.

Things of various costs around £10, £25 and £50 would be great. I know its ages away, sorry!

Also, my mum is thinking of getting him the tower of doom from elc - does anyone have this? He mostly plays with cars and anything he can put little figures in and out of and do roleplay with (eg loves his happyland village, rocket, fire engine and station etc)

Thanks, would really appreciate some advice.

choufleur Thu 13-Aug-09 19:35:53

Garage
playdoh
playmobil
toy animals
fire engine
tractors
books
dressing up stuff

choufleur Thu 13-Aug-09 19:36:32

train set (DS has a wooden one that he will play with for ages)

ChasingSquirrels Thu 13-Aug-09 19:37:53

playdoh
wooden trains
books
me
older brother
outdoor playground things (but more than your price bracket I suppose)
dressing up, fav is Sporticus (he got for his 3rd b'day in Jan and still loves it)
cars

mazzystartled Thu 13-Aug-09 19:39:24

scooter
teaset
playmobil

dinkystinky Thu 13-Aug-09 19:49:55

scooter - my 3 year old loves his! Or a balance bike - perfect age for them - though you'd all need to club together to get it

playdoh or painting stuff

brio train stuff

kids cd player - my 3 year old loves music and is so good to let him put the music or stories he wants on (he got one from his grandparents last christmas - think it was around £30 but is durable unlike our cd players)

If he's really into cars, ELC does a car thing where you charge the two cars up and they then go zooming round a track which always has DS1 enthralled when we go into the store.

waitingforbedtime Thu 13-Aug-09 20:23:41

choufleur what train set does he have if you dont mind me asking?

He has a playhouse, trampoline, ride ons etc for garden so dont need any more of that, meant to mention that!

Had forgotten about balance bikes - can I ask a stupid question - whats the difference between one of those and a normal bike with the pedals taken off? We could afford to buy him one 'big' thing like this was just thinking £50 as was thinking of getting him few things if that makes sense?

Car thing in elc sounds good. Playmobil does not agree with ds - he seems to break the toys in 2 seconds flat, I dont understand it!!

Meant to say as well, he has loads of crafty stuff so doesnt need any of that, has a kitchen, table and chair etc.

Thanks again for advice

pippylongstockings Thu 13-Aug-09 20:49:44

I was going to post playmobil but have just seen he breaks it.....

Lego is good. The scooter with 2 wheels at the front are fab. I find elc stuff over priced.

choufleur Thu 13-Aug-09 22:05:53

it's a mixture of bits from places - the main bit is from ikea (so quite cheap)

fairy15 Sun 16-Aug-09 13:05:38

my ds was 3 in may & i got him the marble run from elc & his played with it every day since, he loves it! he also has a farm set & car garage which he loves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now