Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sky multiroom fitted not happy advice please!!!!

(5 Posts)
foxy1 Tue 11-Aug-09 20:55:38

Hello

Had sky multi room fitted and they used black cable in the house through the kitchen slong the skirting boards. Does not look nice against the natural skirtings. has anyone else had this fitted? I was expecting WHITE cabling. I asked the engineer to drill a a hole through the wall to the middle room in the house rather than going around the skirting as this would not look so nice but he said the wall was too hard? The wall was not any harder than the wall outside the house that he drilled through. Have rang sky to speak to engineer but reply yet and sky plus not working either which was installed today. anyone have any advise feedback? thank you very much!!!

foxy1 Tue 11-Aug-09 20:56:07

any advice would be appreciated thank you

foxy1 Tue 11-Aug-09 21:23:32

anyone?

martine66 Tue 11-Aug-09 22:10:07

Hi I had sky plus fitted in march but my engineer asked if I would like white cable indoors as it had to go round room to get to box so I agreed as black would not look good against white skirting,your sky should be up and running within the hour, I suggest you complain to them after all you are the one paying for it.

Ponders Tue 11-Aug-09 22:20:37

IME (3 times now) all Sky engineers (ie sub contractors) are utterly crap angry

Last time but 1, when we had multi-room fitted, they did use white cable but ran it up the side of French windows & then along the bottom of the top opener above the French windows - thereby saving oooh, must have been a whole 2' of cable hmm (didn't notice until after they'd gone)

Latest time, bloke thought he was adding HD to existing Sky, not the Sky+ we actually had - ie he should have had to add a whole extra cable, over the roof & down the front & in through a new hole to the main TV. In fact we were putting HD in where Sky+ used to be, & thought we were putting Sky+ in where just Sky used to be, but he was behind with his calls (they always are) & insisted all he was contracted to do was connect the HD box to the existing cables, which took him about 10 mins.

Not sure this helps at all but I was angry too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now