Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommed a playpen?

(6 Posts)
Warwickmum Tue 11-Aug-09 14:24:37

Hi, am currently trying to decide which playpen to get but feel bit swamped by the choice. Have seen a 'Playden' playpen that opens out flat and seems quite good, but thinking that may be hard to move around house? Has anyone got any advice/suggestions for a good one?
Many thanks.

Warwickmum Tue 11-Aug-09 14:26:28

"recommend" even and that still doesn't look like the right spelling!!??

Didylicious Wed 12-Aug-09 10:59:50

We have used the babydan babyden for all our kids - it still looks good as new - it's heavy / sturdy - not something you're going to move from room to room all that easily - but it is BIG and the bars are useful when baby wants to walk and gives a good view of the room.

The gate that opens is handy if you get a bad back (from bending and lifting a chunky toddler) and getting the playtent extends the value of the product (and saves having to buy a seperate playhouse).

There have been some awesome deals on eBay from time to time - the babyden with the playtent included for about £70! Keep your eyes open.

A small light and portable one would probably be the graco sport olympic - but apparently it's very small for a playpen.

There is a bit of a fashion for NOT using playpens at all, and just babyproofing your home - but I find mine very useful - for short periods of time to keep baby safe.

Warwickmum Wed 12-Aug-09 12:09:05

Thanks very much Didylicious - am sure will get one as other wise I am likely to die of stress!!! Despite trying to baby proof I do want to know he is safe when I run out to the loo!! Especially as hurt back and trying to minimise going up and down stairs with him at the mo!

berri Wed 12-Aug-09 13:29:27

Another vote for the babydan - just got one from ebay so it's worth having a look on there if you don't mind second hand. I got one with the tent included, plus wall fittings, for £65 - woo woo.

The main reason we got it was that you can use it as a room divider, so saves you buying both. As Didylicious said the door will also be useful.

Even though our baby is still a little small for it, the mat which comes with it is already coming in handy for him to roll around on on the floor!

strawberrybubbles Sat 15-Aug-09 19:28:23

Yep you cant go wrong with the babyden

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now