Talk

Advanced search

Maxicosi car seat with a M&P Pliko Pramette?

(15 Posts)
1mum1 Tue 11-Aug-09 13:25:49

Does anyone know if you fix a Maxi Cosi car seat to a pliko pramette? Thank you

1mum1 Tue 11-Aug-09 13:58:01

That's supposed to say 'if you can fix' of course!

earplugs Tue 11-Aug-09 16:27:23

I don't think you can. I think its just the M&P Primo Viaggio that fits on (and its terrible as I'm sure you already know hence the Maxi Cosi Q!)

Unless someone has come up with some adaptors? If so I'd be really interested to hear also!

1mum1 Tue 11-Aug-09 22:27:47

Thanks for your reply earplugs. If I find out from anywhere else I'll post it here for you. BTW, yes that is why I'm asking the Maxicosi Q!

Can I do a little poll and ask any mums if they think it's necessary to be able to attatch the car seat to the pram chassis? I'm trying weigh up how often I'll need to do that? Thanks x

CarGirl Tue 11-Aug-09 22:31:31

Because of the bumper bar I used to pop my car seat onto the pliko frame but I was using a britax or a graco at the time.

They both fitted fairly snugly and I didn't find it a problem but I didn't need to do it frequently and I was very careful going up and down curbs etc.

CarGirl Tue 11-Aug-09 22:33:22

Actually you could just use a strap to wrap around the car seat and seat bit to make it secure. One with a clip and is sdjustable in length, it's certainly all many of the proper 3 wheeler pushchairs use as their Car seat attachment system! Think mountain buggy does that!

GirlsAreLoud Tue 11-Aug-09 22:33:30

I used the primo viaggio on the pliko. The primo viaggio wasn't that bad. Although the straps had a really annoying way of getting twisted and it took me months to work out the really quick way of straightening which was v annoying.

earplugs Tue 11-Aug-09 23:09:20

Thanks 1mum1. TBH I didn't really use the car seat with the pliko very much at all. I was always concious of the advice about not leaving them in the car seat for extended periods, so I usually took DS out. When I did use the car seat, I found it made the pram very heavy and quite hard to manouvre (but them I am a weakling!)

Having said that the maxi is much lighter so if there is a way of fitting it in then maybe it wouldn't be quite as bad.

Leedsmumof1 Wed 12-Aug-09 09:21:52

I've got the pliko and the viaggio - I bought them together because I thought I'd find it useful to attach the car seat to the pram, but in fact haven't done this once. You can only use them together if the pliko is in buggy mode, and it's far too much hassle to keep converting it. Btw I've found the viaggio fine, I gather there can be problems with babies' heads drooping forwards, but this never happened with my dd.

Ceebee74 Wed 12-Aug-09 09:34:17

Same as Leedsmum - I have both the Pilko and the Viaggio and I have not used the carseat on the pram once with DS2 - far too much hassle to keep converting the pram into a pushchair - by the time you have done that, you could have just got your baby out of the car seat and into the pram grin

I have used this car seat for both DS1 and DS2 and didn't think there was a problem - in fact, it is only in the last couple of weeks that I have discovered that it is getting really crap reviews!! But now that I have read the info about the car seat, I realise that, yes, both DS1 and DS2's heads used to fall forward a lot (only when they were asleep) but I just assumed all car seats were like that (having never used any other baby car seat blush)

1mum1 Wed 12-Aug-09 10:01:37

Thanks so much for the replies. I have no idea yet obviously, but I just get the feeling that I won't be using the car seat on pram combo all that much so I'm not going to worry about the mismatch of makes.

Like you say Leedsmum it would seem like it's more hassle than it's worth and I agree earplugs about hearing the extended use of the carseat not being great for the LO.

It's so helpful to have all your experience to draw from! Thanks - think I'm going to opt for the Pliko pram with the Maxicosi carseat.

xx

Leedsmumof1 Wed 12-Aug-09 11:27:23

Sounds sensible 1mum1. Just a word of warning - I'm now wishing I'd gone for the Pliko Switch so I could have it forward-facing in buggy mode... something to think of for the future? They grow out of the prams so quickly...

1mum1 Wed 12-Aug-09 19:17:36

Thank Leedsmum - have cancelled whole pram/carseat/isofix order with m&p so will look at the Switch too when we go next. Cheers again!

sazm Wed 12-Aug-09 21:50:52

lol,yep a few friends of mine have had the pilko/the silver cross 3d and found it great as a pram,but once their lo's got to 4/5months they didnt want to be lying down all the time,so they had to turn them away from them, which they (the mummys) didnt like,

earplugs Wed 12-Aug-09 22:13:22

I agree with Leedsmumof1 and sazm, go for the switch! They didn't have this when i bought mine but would go for it like a shot. I loved my pramette, but the only downside was the front facing buggy which is great for when they get a bit older, but when they are only just big enough to sit up it made me feel like DS was a bit too 'exposed'. Still prefer it to many of the other models out there though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now