Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a ride on motorbike for DS

(9 Posts)
mankymummymoo Tue 11-Aug-09 10:23:28

...for his 4th birthday.

Im looking for a powered one that you recharge the battery up, ive found some in Argos for £150 but was hoping not to have to pay that much...

His birthday is next week - help !

any recommendations would be great.

thank you.

mankymummymoo Tue 11-Aug-09 10:25:19

sorry, my pc confuses pound signs, that should have read 150 pounds.

ScummyMummy Tue 11-Aug-09 10:43:14

This site looks good for fairly cheap electric ride on cars (Not sure if they have a motorbike though.)

Motorbikes on this site but expensive

This one looks quite cool and is £109.95 (There are other motorbikes on there too.)

Is it his absolute hearts desire? Because (sorry, I know you weren't asking for opinions but thought I'd put my 2p worth in anyway because it's such a massive important purchase!) I've always thought the battery operated vehicles are a bit lacking in play value tbh, especially considering how expensive they are. I think quite a few kids might lose interest pretty quickly once the initial wow/novelty factor wears off and there aren't that many places suitable to ride them. They also tend (quite rightly, for safety reasons) to go slower than the average pushbike so not always as good as they look for kids who love to bomb about at speed. But if he is a motorbike fiend who's always wanted one that's completely different, of course. Hope he has a wonderful birthday.

buggylovinmummy Tue 11-Aug-09 12:51:29

I got my ds one last week for his birthday, its from tesco and was £109.99 and it is fab. Sorry dont know how to do a link but its on their website. Ds loves it, he is 3 but goes from age 3 to 7, my dd goes on it and she is 6 .5 and its fine so would last a few years.

buggylovinmummy Tue 11-Aug-09 12:52:11

Ooh and they delivered really fast, i ordered it on a friday night and it was here monday morning.

Heebeejeebee Tue 11-Aug-09 12:57:12

I bought my niece this one for her 4th or 5th birthday www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=80580 and it seems to work fine!

mankymummymoo Tue 11-Aug-09 13:03:58

brilliant, thanks everyone, i will check out those links and the tesco site.

Scummymummy... sigh... he really, really, really wants a "proper" motorbike.

There's a huge park where we live so am envisaging many trips loading the flipping thing in the car and driving there so he can ride it (with the ensuing meltdown when the batteries run out!).

Good that it doesnt go fast, cos it'll be muggins here thats running after DS ! wink

mankymummymoo Tue 11-Aug-09 13:19:18

have ordered the one here, saved 40 pounds, thanks everyone. can't wait to see DS's face !

http://www.toy-electric-cars.co.uk

ScummyMummy Tue 11-Aug-09 17:05:03

Oh good- hope he loves it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now