Talk

Advanced search

Think we need a new boiler, how much?

(6 Posts)
jenkel Tue 11-Aug-09 01:39:42

We have been having problems with our boiler for a couple of years now, its only 5 years old, the water is fine but we get no heat, last year we spent £300 on it and in March we spent another £800, apparently its renown for not being a reliable one. Thinks its about time we cut our loses and get a new one. So just trying to get an idea of what is a resonable amount to pay for one. Also, its hrd to find a installer that you trust and you feel that isnt ripping you off, dont suppose anybody knows any good installers/plumbers in Hertfordshire.

gigglewitch Tue 11-Aug-09 01:40:51

worcester bosch - which i totally recommend. cost us £1600

jenkel Tue 11-Aug-09 01:51:24

Thats a bit cheaper than what I thought, was that done recently, could they use exisitng pipework etc

gigglewitch Tue 11-Aug-09 23:16:48

yes and yes (well last year) It's a combi boiler, we don't have a storage tank / airing cupboard any more. essentially that was just the boiler, plumbed in (obv) but it is totally fabbytastic. They calculate it on how many radiators you've got, size of rooms and all that, we've got three small folk and a corner bath so we use quite a lot of hot water shock but it works really well. We've got a 3 bed semi if that's any help for comparison. Please don't tell me you're in london or the info will be of no use to you whatsoever wink

pigleychez Wed 12-Aug-09 09:04:59

We recently had a new boiler fitted. It cost us £3,500 but the boiler has been moved to upstairs in the airing cupboard (from the kitchen) so meant lots of pipe moving and stuff and a new flue fitted in the roof.

Which bit of Herts?

Around Sevenage/Hitchin/Letchworth Thompsons are reliable. They are not particularly cheap, but they will do a good job and it won't hurt to get a quote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now