Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Britax KIDFIX?

(4 Posts)
kwaker5 Mon 10-Aug-09 21:29:14

Is it suitable for a 3yo as long as they weigh more than 15kg?

Any comments generally?

LynetteScavo Mon 10-Aug-09 21:33:56

I've just bought 2.

We had our fisrt longish journey yesterday, and 6yo and 4 yo both fell asleep. Even though the kidfix is supposed to recline, it really doesn't recline that much. If your DC is 15kg, but not very tall I would stick with a reclining 5 point harness for as long as possible.

Every thing else about the Kidfix seems great, though.

kwaker5 Wed 12-Aug-09 10:15:05

Thanks LS. Did your children manage to fit into the 5 point seat until they were 4?

I have the Britax one with the foot prop at the mo but DS is quite tall and finding it a bit of a squeeze. I always assumed he's hit 15kg around 3 so we could move on but was a bit surprised to see the Kidfix recommended for 4-12 years on the Britax website (I'm sure the predecessor wasn't). Really don't want to have to find another one to bridge the gap as I like Britax and the ISOFIX system. They should do the Evolva 1-2-3 as an ISOFIX (but I suppose that would lose them money!).

CMOTdibbler Wed 12-Aug-09 10:20:06

I've got it - DS is 3, but 19.5kg, so too heavy for his Priorifix. The Evolva has the same weight cut off as the other seats for harnessing, so it's no better really.

If your DS still fits into his 5 point harness, then he's safest in there till you have to take him out.

DS is very pleased with his new seat - especially the cup holder !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now