Talk

Advanced search

Mamas and Papas non-customer service

(5 Posts)
Sullwah Mon 10-Aug-09 17:07:29

Absolutely livid with M and P

We bought and two ocean cot-beds (twins) and a wardrobe and chest of drawers 18 months ago.

A bolt has probably got loose on one of the cots and had now been lost.

M and P refuse to send me just one bolt - I have to BUY a whole set of bits for £25 plus p and p just to get the one bolt that I need.

Hardly customer service. Even Ikea give out random screws and things without charge.

Help me decide what to do...... should I just pay up and shut up ... or is there somewhere else I can get just one Part E -Large Bolt?

AnarchyAunt Mon 10-Aug-09 17:09:20

Can't you just take the corresponding bolt from the other cotbed to a local hardware shop and ask if they have one?

tutu100 Mon 10-Aug-09 19:31:30

I have had shit service from Mamas and Papas and won't buy any of their products anymore, but they did send me a plastic part for a cotbed my cousin gave me free of charge. I'd ring again see if maybe you can get a different answer from someone else, or do what AnarchyAunt says and try and get a screw from a hardware shop.

StealthPolarBear Mon 10-Aug-09 19:34:48

that's ridiculous!
In the meantime (as I think you should definitely take this further) is there anywhere (ebay??) that might sell exactly the bit you want? Or as AA says a local hardware shop may be able to match it

littleoldme Mon 10-Aug-09 23:57:28

All I can is: I know someone who worked for M and P and they made her redundant whilst on mat leave angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now