Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a GROW BAG BED set?

(11 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins Sun 09-Aug-09 20:28:06

Was it ok at almost aged 2? Did it help them to stay in bed?

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 10-Aug-09 10:10:29

bumping

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 10-Aug-09 18:57:07

anyone??

loler Mon 10-Aug-09 19:10:39

I just found this review

"A really excellent idea, my kids often fidget and kick the quilt down inside the cover the internal poppers on this quilt solve this problem which makes life easier as my eldest is in a top bunk bed. The kids couldn't wait to go to bed! Brilliant highly recommended."

Hadn't heard of them before - Look good but are pretty expensive?

Would also be interested to hear other people's findings

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 10-Aug-09 19:12:11

Thanks loler

I was wondering if they helped a little one (2.3 years......or should he still be in a cot)stay in bed????

loler Mon 10-Aug-09 19:14:11

mmmm?

These are from amazon -

"I didn't realise that this didn't actually include the duvet! so you are paying a ridiculous price just because it has 2 zips and an attached pillow case which isn't even big enough for a normal size pillow! so not only have we paid extra for the duvet with the poppers but we have also had to buy a smaller pillow. To top it all my son doesn't even like being zipped in! I should have bought a normal cotbed duvet and cover for a fraction of the price."

and the good one

"Absoloutely brilliant. Sleep is everything to mums and this gadget is a must-have. I didn't want a big ugly bed guard so this was perfect for me and its portable for hols etc! My son has slept like a dream in his grobag duvet. No falling out and no covers off in the night."

Think it's too expensive for me.

loler Mon 10-Aug-09 19:17:31

my dd was in a bed at 18mnths as we needed the cot. ds1 was in a bed at 2.5 for the same reason. Will be waiting for ds2 to ask to go into a bed to contain him in a cot for as long as possible.

I don't think this set would keep him in bed any more than a normal grobag would. Would do away with the side guards though.

You might be lucky it took dd about a year to work out that she could get out of her bed on her own (she is a bit of a goody goody though!)

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 10-Aug-09 19:28:27

I don't have a goody goody!!! Well we have another 6 months before our new baby arrives so maybe I should just keep him in the cot for now! They are expensive your right.

loler Mon 10-Aug-09 20:19:42

For some reason I wanted dd out of the cot before the new baby arrived, even though it was going to go into a crib to begin with. Was much more laid back with ds1/2 and ds2 stayed in his crib until he was 7 months (I think I was refusing to let him grow up!) so on that basis you have a year until your ds needs to get out of his cot!

I got ds1 a bed tent like this one. It made him want to go to bed and stopped him rolling out. Much cheaper than the grobag thing too!

loler Mon 10-Aug-09 20:20:19

ps - good luck with the new baby!

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 10-Aug-09 20:23:07

OMG I love it!!!!!!!!! You are a STAR!!!! Thanks loler! xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now