Talk

Advanced search

I have a Phil and Teds for DS who is 2.2 years and DD who is 11 weeks.

(9 Posts)
nocluemum Sun 09-Aug-09 15:57:04

She is getting too big for the cocoon so I want to switch the buggy round so she can go in it and so can he. The problem I see is that only the front seat reclines enough for her to lie flat but then that means there is no room for DS at the back and anyway it says you are meant to have the heaviest at the front. But she is too little to sit up right at the back. Is there a solution to this.....

claret1980 Sun 09-Aug-09 16:31:59

I used the second seat when ds2 was 4 1/2 momths, he was way too big for the cocoon.

FlyMeToDunoon Sun 09-Aug-09 16:53:37

I found this. My DD3 was starting to try and turn over in the cocoon too.
I juggled the two of them for a while-one in front while other ran about then smaller in back slumping until DD3 was about 9 months and then gave up sold P&T and got a maclaren and buggy board.

Washersaurus Sun 09-Aug-09 16:58:04

I've got the Sport and found that DS2 was fine in the rear seat reclined. I used the head hugger from his car seat in there for a while and then just the bottom of the cosytoes to act as a comfy seat liner.

Dlamis Sun 09-Aug-09 17:20:12

They can use the lying down position without the cocoon. I borrowed a cocoon for ds2 and only used it twice. We then managed with him in the flat bit without a cocoon. We wrapped him up in snowsuits and blankets to keep him warm but he didn't always need them especially at this time of year. He's a bit smaller than average but we still had him lying down in it at 1yr old.

MatNanPlus Sun 09-Aug-09 17:23:35

You don't need the cocoon, use the same arrangment you currently have just get a quilt / liner for the seat for DD so she has a padded base.

I used a crib mattress and sheets and cut slits for the shoulder straps.

cloudydaze Sun 09-Aug-09 18:25:29

Hi,
You don't have to put the baby in the cocoon, you can just strap her into the seat lying down. I would have thought she is too young to be in the seat at the back as you do need to be able to sit up for that.

nocluemum Sun 09-Aug-09 19:36:38

Genius! MNP Cloudyhaze and dlamis! Never thought of that and have been thinking about this for ages. Thanks. Really pleased I dont have to have her slumped in the back seat.

MatNanPlus Fri 14-Aug-09 10:35:10

Pleasure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now