Talk

Advanced search

Broken bugaboo ;-( Please help!!!!

(20 Posts)
pinkkatie Sat 08-Aug-09 10:50:34

We bought our bugaboo frog from ebay. I really wanted a parent facing pushchair that could fit in our corsa but we couldn't afford a new one. Now typically its broken (the buttons you press in to tilt it dont 'pop back') customer services arent repling to our e-mails, John Lewis (who sell bugaboos) say we have to take it back to where we bought it from but as we bought it 2nd hand we cant... anyone any ideas?????

FlightHattendant Sat 08-Aug-09 10:57:19

I wonder if it just needs a shot of WD40 in those sticking buttons.

Do they come apart? Maybe it wants new springs or something, might be worth trying to get parts?

Was it a private seller or a shop?

pinkkatie Sat 08-Aug-09 11:11:15

It was a private seller - We've tried WD4O, DH wants to try sand paper next (im thinking that that may not be such a good idea!!) will def look at the springs, tho it does seem that bugaboo are very protective of their products (revneue) and if you want something from them you have to go via your offical bugaboo retailer where you bought the pram. Thanks for ideas FlightHattendant

FlightHattendant Sat 08-Aug-09 11:12:59

That's Ok PinkKatie...but how long ago did you buy it? Did you use paypal? You could put in a claim up to 45 days after if so.

ilovemydogandmrobama Sat 08-Aug-09 11:13:50

I'd call Bugaboo UK. They were really helpful when I had a Bugaboo and had problems. Sounds like a manufacturing problem.

FlightHattendant Sat 08-Aug-09 11:15:03

I don't know if they will help if it's second hand - anything could have happened to it iyswim. But getting parts or repair advice that would be the place to go.

NorthernLurker Sat 08-Aug-09 11:19:54

The buttons on our cameleon were a bit dodgy too and our shop replaced them. Bugaboo will send you the part I'm sure. If you have trouble with that you could try approaching a local independant retailer and asking them to help you with this. The guy who runs our local pram shop is lovely and would help with this sort of thing - especially as it will make you more likely to go to them for other stuff.

TeaandCake Sat 08-Aug-09 11:45:11

This is a manufacturing fault. There was a batch of these in recent times. Bugaboo are fully aware of this and sent out new button kits to us (retailer) to fix the faulty frames for our customers.

Thet were really simple to replace and only required a screwdriver for 2 screws.

I don't know where you stand with regard to the 2 year warranty if your Bug is second hand. I don't think Bugaboo will transfer it to a new owner and replace the part for free. If you contact them directly you may be able to purchase the kit from them (I don't think is will be terribly expensive).

Alternatively, if you have a friendly local nursery shop they may take help you out by contacting Bugaboo for you and have the kit sent to them (I would do this for you and have done for other customers in the past so you may find one to help!).

Bugaboo need to know the chassis ID number and date of original purchase before they will replace anything on a warranty claim.

I can't help you with Bugaboo's phone number ATM as I'm on mat leave and don't have access to it, sorry!

pinkkatie Sat 08-Aug-09 13:53:48

Thank you everyone- I'll def try ringing Bugaboo - we've had the bug since Jan and am guessing its more than 2 yrs old so def out of warranty TandC (def over 45 days FHa).

Think I'll go to bugaboo direct as our local pram shop is very friendly but unfortnuatley they dont sell bugs (when I asked the man in there bout them he seemed very bitter- but am guessing thats another story....) Glad to hear they are helpful on the phone

misdee Sat 08-Aug-09 14:35:19

if it comes to it, you can pick up bugaboo frog seat frames on ebay.

EyeballsintheSky Sat 08-Aug-09 14:45:11

Sorry to hijack but just on this note...

I bought a brand new Bee from Gumtree last week. The sellers had been given several new pushchairs as baby presents and they had two Bees. They couldn't take it back as they had no receipt.

Anyway, it's brand new, I opened the box and unpacked it. I have registered it under my name but I wonder where I stand in terms of repairs if needed. I don't know where or when it was bought although their baby is only 3 weeks old and it's a May '09 chassis but if I have issues with it, where do I stand?

Sorry to hijack but I was just wondering this...

EldonAve Sat 08-Aug-09 15:04:57

EyeballsintheSky - noone buys something for that much and doesn't keep the receipt even if it's a gift! they are most likely stolen

EyeballsintheSky Sat 08-Aug-09 16:25:01

I wasn't actually asking for opinions about the transaction but thanks for that helpful reply hmm. So far no one has come knocking on my door with a list of dodgy serial numbers and if they do, then we can point them in the direction of this woman's entire family so thanks, I'l trust my own judgement.

SparklyGothKat Sat 08-Aug-09 16:31:11

you need the reciept to claim under warenty I have to email my reciept to Bugaboo to get a new bee frame as mine has a fault

EldonAve Sat 08-Aug-09 16:34:59

there you go, no receipt no warranty

but no doubt you got a bargain

EyeballsintheSky Sat 08-Aug-09 16:35:34

Thanks SGK, that's what I needed to know, not great, but still

scattykatty Sat 08-Aug-09 16:40:51

I had the button problem with my cameleon, I had to send them the serial number and purchase details and they sent new buttons. They won't do this unless it's under 2 years and you bought brand new.

eyeballs The point I think eldon was trying to make is that you didn't purchase it and you don't have the details so you can't really register it as Bugaboo will check the serial number against the shops list of ones they have sold exactly so people can't steal them and then register them like everyone else!

Frankly if you try and get a 'bargain' like this you can't then really expect it to be just like you had bought it from John Lewis.

Also I agree that it's a bit odd that one person would receieve numerous buggies, surely only the GP's would buy something of that value for a baby and would ask the parents what they were doing re pushchairs before buying one. Also they could have exchanged it at the shop it was bought from wthout a recept as they would have had a list of serial numbers.

If you register it without being able to provide any information on where you bought it maybe you will be getting a knock on the door as eldon suggested. I'm sorry but you are being both rude and naive in this situation.

NorthernLurker Sat 08-Aug-09 18:28:31

I agree - nobody is given to two Bees as well as other pushchairs. Very,very odd hmm

scattykatty Sat 08-Aug-09 22:27:30

Well I'm glad someone agrees with me grin

I just don't like it when people ask a question and then are really rude when they are given an answer. Especially when the answer is perfectly fair!

pinkkatie Mon 10-Aug-09 14:49:46

Thoght you might like to know just been on the phone to bugaoo and they are sending me ot a repair kit - free of charge! Thanks for all your tips

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now