Talk

Advanced search

Phil and teds sport front wheel problems

(10 Posts)
angelstar Fri 07-Aug-09 21:41:21

Hi

Has anyone had problems with the front wheel locked in fixed position on their P+T sport? I bought one from ebay that was new its arrived today and I've just unpacked it but the front wheel won't swivel! What shall I do? Has anyone else had this problem?
thanks
Linda x

CarGirl Fri 07-Aug-09 21:42:21

have you pulled out the knob bit, twisted it a quarter of a turn and let go?

angelstar Fri 07-Aug-09 21:56:46

yep, its stuck in fixed position still

CarGirl Fri 07-Aug-09 22:00:07

hmmmm it's something to do with that knob bit being in the correct position, have you got instructions? think you can download them.

angelstar Fri 07-Aug-09 22:22:24

Its almost like the pin on the knob is too short, its also really rusty

CarGirl Fri 07-Aug-09 22:26:57

hmmmmm so clearly not new then? WD40 on the pins and stuff perhaps it's not popping out as far as it should?

angelstar Fri 07-Aug-09 22:32:31

Thats the strange thing the pram really does look new, the tyres have no wear. if it been used it looks like only a couple of times. i think its a maufacturing fault. What I'm unsure of is if the seller knew about this fault before they sent the pram.

CarGirl Fri 07-Aug-09 22:35:54

unlikely they knew I should think you could ring outnabout on Monday and speak to them they may send you a whole new knob bit to put on or you could buy a new front wheel.

I'd try WD40 in the meantime.

It could have just been used once, got a tiny bit wet and that caused the rust, Gentle pull on the pin with pliers see if it pops out?

angelstar Fri 07-Aug-09 22:39:46

Thanks, I'll try those things x

angelstar Fri 07-Aug-09 22:55:09

Fixed it, yay! there was a screw underneath the knob that was loose, once I tightened it everything worked as it should. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now