Talk

Advanced search

baby bjorn carriers

(12 Posts)
reagizmo Fri 07-Aug-09 20:26:02

please help can any one recomend which design/model of baby bojorn carrier to buy. we want some thing we can use from new born that will last for a while. also will give surport to use as parents for our backs and the baby will be sucure. thank you

poppy34 Fri 07-Aug-09 20:30:48

I know others have concerns re position of baby I it but we have a baby bjorn sport and used it loads (dd only just got too big). I prefer an ergo (you can use this from birth with an insert) as puts less weight on your neck. After about six months i found dd too heavy for using bb for long spells but the ergo is fab.

Just a warning that I think there is something like an 8 pound minimum on bb (an possiybon ergo) so if your baby is very little it may not be ok from birth.

But have to say have used sling over pushchair ESP when dd was tiny.

CMOTdibbler Fri 07-Aug-09 20:39:52

You would get a lot more use out of, and be more comfortable using a Connecta, a Close, or a Moby.

They really snuggle the baby to you - which is lovely

poppy34 Fri 07-Aug-09 21:09:46

In reas defence I Couldnt get along with wrap slings (the cash I wasted) and we wanted something both of us could use and I am afraid dh has drawn the line at connects designs . It does depend on what you want it for- if you want to get lo in and out of it easily then a sling with buckles is better.

That said it's a personal thing- the fab site cmot linked to has an ace comparison table.

misdee Fri 07-Aug-09 21:14:13

i love my connecta. i missed it today as it was drying after dd4 decided to eat it yesterday(biscuit chewed into the straps yuk!)

its a lot better than a BB IMO, and very easy to adjust. you can narroe the seat by using the chest strap for younger babies.

misdee Fri 07-Aug-09 21:15:16

connecta main site

poppy34 Fri 07-Aug-09 22:01:46

Misdee there is no emoticon for eating words but dh loved that site so wants one now...

And sympathies as biscuit cement is the worst- have it on the rug today .

misdee Fri 07-Aug-09 22:03:14

oh its all clean now.

we used an ellaroo wrap today instead. which was quite light for the warm weather.

Spikesbigsister Fri 07-Aug-09 22:07:11

I have used Baby Bjorn for first two but then got a soft tricot slen sling for the 3rd. I love it- it is so much more comfortable and versatile than the Baby Bjorn. I can't recommend it enough and wish I had known about it in the first place.

fairimum Sat 08-Aug-09 13:13:22

highly recommend the connecta - used it from newborn til now, every day for dog walks - dd not goes on my back and sleeps so well in it (got a solar wweave with a sleep hood - which is fab) - will last so much longer than baby born too - even carried my 4 year old nephew in it! - is a pic in my profile i think!

reagizmo Sat 08-Aug-09 17:55:01

thank you to all thats really helpfull. xx

fairyfriends Tue 11-Aug-09 13:26:05

used to use the baby bjorn and loved it until baby no. 1 was 4 months and putting on weight and then disaster as it just wasn't comfy any more (although I clung on to it for as long as possible). With babies 2-4 have used soft wraps (no pinch points) and more recently Beco, which I love, love, love!! Connecta also receives good reports but haven't tried. DH used a Patapum until Beco came along and was a big fan, me too.

If out and about on lots of walks, I'd go the Beco (or similar route) as they are better suited to growing babes. If about town, school run and so on, then the beloved Scootababy - the ultimate hip carrier but sadly, not for newborns (5m+).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now