Talk

Advanced search

Glasses for people who dont need them!

(7 Posts)
bigstripeytiger Fri 07-Aug-09 16:56:57

My DD is desperate for glasses. She doesnt have any problems with her eyesight, she just wants them to wear as an accessory. I have had a look in some shops, I saw that TK Maxx sold some frames with just plain glass lenses, but I havent found them anywhere else.

Are there any shops or websites that sell this sort of thing? Or could I order glasses from any on-line retailer, and just get a 0.00 strength for both lenses?

sarah293 Fri 07-Aug-09 16:59:10

Message withdrawn

bigstripeytiger Fri 07-Aug-09 17:10:12

She thinks that they will look nice.
I dont want to put her off because I have quite a strong prescription myself, and so I expect she might need to wear glasses one day, so if she wants to get a pair now to wear for fun I thought it might be a good way for her to have a postive attitude to glasses.

PinkyDink Fri 07-Aug-09 19:00:32

I think I may have seen some in Primark? Not sure, have seen some in a clothes shop somewhere as fashion accessories.

I also had a quick look online and there are quite a few sites that do them (some a bit pricey though). There were some on sight station for around £15 I think.

Hope that helps!

bigstripeytiger Sat 08-Aug-09 07:47:45

Thanks PinkyDink, I will have a look in Primark.

shhhh Mon 10-Aug-09 14:10:06

Can't you just buy a set from an opticians..? but don't ask for lenses..? im sure they will do it..?

Isn't it like sunglasses...you can buy them as they are or request prescription lenses..

hth x

EyeballsintheSky Mon 10-Aug-09 14:49:27

Odd as it sounds, I always think if I had laser eye surgery, I would have clear lenses put in my glasses and wear them sometimes. Mostly I wear contacts but sometimes glasses complete the look IYSWIM, so I know where your daughter is coming from. Not sure where you'd get them from though. Optician would probably think you were barking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now