Talk

Advanced search

what are the best non slip indoor shoes/slippers for trying to toddle 8 month old?

(13 Posts)
mad4myboys Fri 07-Aug-09 13:14:29

8 month old trying to cruise/walk our floor in kitchen/dining room is too cold for bare feet unless its hot out so want some type of shoe/slipper for him. Not tote socks though.

Any suggestions? He has quite wide feet

JemL Fri 07-Aug-09 13:22:50

starchild do very nice slipper type shoes, which are non slip. They were great for DS, who also has fairly wide feet (H in shoes) and are funky designs as well!

LIZS Fri 07-Aug-09 13:23:56

I liked Daisy Roots for dd

nicolamumof3 Fri 07-Aug-09 13:24:51

snuggle feet are fab price, v.similar to others but less than half the price.

mad4myboys Fri 07-Aug-09 13:25:40

do you know, when he was born got given a pair of these and thought they were so ugly so binned them!! Am bit gutted now as they seem to be the thing im looking for but wasnt sure how good they were! What are their sizes like? In a start rite he is 2 and clarks 2.5?

CMOTdibbler Fri 07-Aug-09 13:26:15

Ds had Inch Blue, and they were lovely. He is over an H fitting now, and there was plenty of room

mad4myboys Fri 07-Aug-09 13:26:36

sorry x posts,i meant that to jemL. where do you buy snuggle feet?

What does anyone think of the ones in jojomamn bebe?

JemL Fri 07-Aug-09 13:29:54

Star child ones are in ages rather than shoe sizes - I bought DS 12-18 month ones when he was a size 4/5 aged 1 (I think!) and they fitted for ages.

fairimum Sat 08-Aug-09 13:10:52

we had both inch blue and the jojo ones - both were fine and soft leather, the inch blue possibly slightly softer but not much - very much the same thing!

mejon Sat 08-Aug-09 17:27:29

DD had Robeez soft shoes and more recently I've bought her some Snugglefeet here which she wears as slippers both inside and out. The only difference I can see between them is that the Snugglefeet ones are at least half the price. These too come in age sizes rather than proper shoe sizes. DD is 3 and a size 6ish and the 18-24 month size are fine with a bit of room to grow.

notevenamousie Sat 08-Aug-09 17:49:15

Gap socks have non-slip soles - we found these the best.

pigleychez Sat 08-Aug-09 20:11:52

Its actually better for a cruising baby to barefoot as much as possible.

I can understand the need to warmth so id say the soft leather ones are best as not to restrict his movement.

Habbibu Sat 08-Aug-09 20:14:26

Swedish moccasins from Raindrops - here. Very soft and non-restrictive, and great on cold floors in winter. In summer I'd go for barefoot as much as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now