Talk

Advanced search

A drink bottle that actually works and doesn't break please

(12 Posts)
littlebellsmum Fri 07-Aug-09 00:20:05

Hi
Since my dd started school lat year she has been through 3 drinks bottles - 2 thermos ones and a plastic woolies one. I'd like to find one that the top doesn't break on as I hate having to through our good bottles as I can't get new tops and they keep breaking. Any advice gratefully recieved
Thank you!

Furball Fri 07-Aug-09 06:18:53

I buy a multipack (of 8 or 10) of small water from Supermarkets. Take the label off and then put the bottle in the dishwasher everynight, refill and re-use til it dies.

I've found these never leak, cheap and if it gets lost, just produce another from the cupboard no problem.

Look for the ones with the flip top lids.

stealthsquiggle Fri 07-Aug-09 06:43:03

Ah - there was I looking for a brilliant idea and furball turns out to do exactly the same as me (except I hand-wash them - they seem to distort in our dishwasher as it is too hot) - DS has had whatever sort of water is cheapest - refilled daily - for the last year. We probably go through them quicker than we should because they collect in drifts in my car and his record is 5 at school before his teacher got fed up and shoved them all into his arms at home time, but a pack will still last us a term.

3littlefrogs Fri 07-Aug-09 06:53:00

Waitrose do a very good drinks bottle with a twist up top. It comes in blue, pink and green and is about £2.

Be very cautious about re-using plastic water bottles (the bottled water type, I mean)because they are not designed to be re-used and the chemicals used in manufacturing leach out into the water.

3littlefrogs Fri 07-Aug-09 06:54:06

Bottled water is destroying the planet faster than anything else. But that is another topic.

CMOTdibbler Fri 07-Aug-09 09:21:40

Ds has a childrens Sigg bottle with sports cap. V robust, and they do replacement tops and lids www.sigg-aluminium.co.uk have a good range with all the spares

Furball Fri 07-Aug-09 10:21:51

well thats my ds done for. and there was me thinking I'd found the perfect solution.

Maclaren Fri 07-Aug-09 10:57:42

I had the same problem my little rotter kept chewing the end part!

So I bought him one of these There brilliant would def recommend

FreddoBaggyMac Fri 07-Aug-09 12:54:20

DD has a sigg one - very pretty design (although expensive) and has lasted all through reception without leaking!

jimbotri Fri 07-Aug-09 14:27:57

sigg bottle every time , my ds still uses his original one 2 years later.

blueshoes Fri 07-Aug-09 15:24:41

I had gone through 4 water bottles and then did the small plastic mineral water bottle solution too. But I did not want to wash them in hot water because it can melt the plastic and washing in cold water changed the taste of the water.

Upshot is dd now uses an adult water bottle, with a cap like the adult Sigg.

flaime Fri 07-Aug-09 21:28:01

I go for fruit shoot H2O bottles or the HSM ones, both are good for re-use and if they loose them you really don't mind.

I have a silver pen and write their names on the neck with a little seasonal picture and they love it.

Our school actually prefer see through ones so they can see they only have water in, juice is banned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now