Talk

Advanced search

Quooker - Tap dispensing boiling water - are they worth it/safe??

(5 Posts)
Milliways Thu 06-Aug-09 19:07:47

Saw an advert for a Quooker and my first thought was "how long until I burn myself", let alone my kids!

Does anyone have one? Do you use it much?

Must admit - the thought of not descaling the kettle is quite appealing! (Although this is pure fantasy as no spare funds atm).

Biccy Thu 06-Aug-09 22:57:31

I'd like to watch this one as DP and I keep having a circular conversation about these taps, where we both agree they seem a great idea, then worry about child safety, and then give up. The website shows the push and turn mechanism that is supposed to be difficult for a child to master, and points out other ways in which it is safer than a kettle.... but I just can't quite square it in my mind...

trixymalixy Thu 06-Aug-09 23:06:10

Hmm, I can't get over the safety issue either.

Biccy Thu 06-Aug-09 23:11:26

Just looked at the prices and that settles it for me! Presumably you'd also have to pay for a plumber to plumb it in...

mumtooneson Sun 09-Aug-09 10:04:46

We are tempted to blow the budget and get one of these for our new kitchen.

In terms of safety I think it's probably important to plan where the tap is positioned. Children also need to be told not to try to use the tap - just like they can't use the kettle.

Does anyone know how the Quooker performs in hard water areas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now