Talk

Advanced search

Playpen

(9 Posts)
mamakim Thu 06-Aug-09 14:43:39

Right.. i don't want any arguements about pros and cons of playpens. Just which to get.

I have a 2yr old ds and 3mo dd and i want somewhere i can put/lie her where she can have a kick about under her playmat without fear ds with accidentally stand/fall/throw something at her. I'm looking at this because it goes nicely in the room BUT am thinking would one with a door like this be better? do you need a door? does that make life easier? thanks guys.

mamakim Thu 06-Aug-09 14:44:16

will not with

timmette Thu 06-Aug-09 19:09:10

Hi playpens are so popular here in on the mainland and are to be found in every house, in general they are used for small babies rather than cooping up toddlers. I have had several and they are more like these ones and have three adjustable height levels. But I can't find them in the UK - so yours looks fine and don't feel guilty.

funtimewincies Thu 06-Aug-09 19:56:51

We've got this one.

It comes apart when not in use (stored in the garage at the moment), has a gate which saves your back and the mat is easy to wash in the machine.

The hexagonal shape makes it bulky in a small room though.

macdog Thu 06-Aug-09 19:58:23

I used a travel cot as a playpen for dd

funtimewincies Thu 06-Aug-09 20:03:39

So did we until he discovered that it made a fabulous trampoline. He was only bouncing on his bottom but the cot wobbled alarmingly grin!

pigleychez Thu 06-Aug-09 20:04:50

never had a playpen but occasionally used our travel cot when we moved house... Crawling baby and removal men are not a good mix!

I would say a door would be handy or it will be alot of bending over and the sides are usually quite high on playpens.

PigeonPie Thu 06-Aug-09 22:37:40

I'd second the babydan one. We had one (only sold a few months ago) which I used with both DSs and the gate was a godsend - I'm rather short and getting them out when they were lying down might have resulted in me ending up in the pen with them (rather like me and a chest freezer!).

I also shrank it down to a square for a while to give DS1 more space to play outside it and DS2 didn't complain too much!

bubble2bubble Fri 07-Aug-09 12:21:18

A door is defiantely good if you wnat to save your back
We also had the Babydan one and then sold it on Ebay for £30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now