Talk

Advanced search

That's it, I've had it with my P&T! Need a new double pronto, please advise!

(33 Posts)
WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 14:05:17

Bloody @£$%*&@£$%% P&T angry

<Fruity tries to calm down so she can explain the problem - breeeeath....>

4th friggin puncture since September last year.

I've tried the gloopy slime crap and, well, it's a pile of poo.

I'm going to ring up Babies R Us and demand a refund.

What should I get instead?

What's the Out and About Nipper double like?
Or will I be shooting myself in the foot buying another pram with pneumatic tyres?

My Bugaboo has never ever had a puncture and I've never ever had to pump up the tyres - it's 4 years old!

It's such a shame because I love my P&T. Mind you, the shopping basket bit annoys me slightly and you can't hang anything on it. Sod it, it's crap.

Please help! I'm tearing my hair out sad

thisisyesterday Thu 06-Aug-09 14:06:36

go on ebay and get a double mountain buggy.
can't think of a single bad thing about mine. tis lovely

Meglet Thu 06-Aug-09 14:14:35

I've just stopped using my p+t as it was hard to walk with as ds is 2.8yo and dd is 11mo and they are getting heavy.

I got a Mothercare Urban Detour double from e-bay last weekend (£90) and it's fab. Lots of room underneath and it pushes beautifully. It won't fit through the front door but it only takes a minute to fold and lug it into the house. I'm keeping the p+t for days out or train journeys.

We've had pneumatic tyres for almost 3 years without too many problems, however we had a spate of punctures at the start of the year and it was partly due to the smoking ban making people smoke and drink outside pubs and partly down to the council being crap and not cleaning the the broken glass up. After constant e-mails from me they seem to be on top of it now.

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 14:16:24

Is it really wide though?

SingingBear Thu 06-Aug-09 14:19:58

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Thu 06-Aug-09 14:22:55

Have you got your tyres too pumped up? If they are you will get punctures more easily.

If punctures are what is driving you mad then another one with pneumatic tyres will have the same problem.

You could look at changing the type of tyres to thicker rubber or something?

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 14:23:50

I'd ideally like something relatively narrow. I don't mind a side by side but narrow as poss. I've had a Maclaren double, not keen. Prefer mountain buggy/out and about type.

SingingBear - Doesn't whatever you hang knock the little one on the head? I've done that a few times blush

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 14:29:13

Am I mad to consider something like this I always find Graco stuff quite plasticky??

Mumsnut Thu 06-Aug-09 14:31:38

I bought wheelchair inner tubes for my P&T and never again had a puncture, if that's any help. They are v v heavy duty. Will try to dig out the link.

SingingBear Thu 06-Aug-09 14:32:33

Message withdrawn

Meglet Thu 06-Aug-09 14:45:18

Just measure my urban detour and its 36" / 92cm wide. Bit of a beast but I walk a lot so the hassle of having to quickly unload and fold at the front door is offset by being able to power walk everywhere and get lots of shopping in.

Meglet Thu 06-Aug-09 14:48:09

....and we have got Kevlar (the stuff in bullet proof vests) tyres on our single 3 wheeler. It might be an idea to see if your local bike shop can do them for the p+t or whatever you decide to get next.

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 14:48:29

Just spoke to Babies R Us. The lady said she will speak to head office. She said she remembers me from before when I needed a new seat unit when a zip broke - I still haven't got around to putting the new seat unit on and the other zip has broken too!

kellyatbabyguds Thu 06-Aug-09 15:26:39

BJCM twin is my favorite double plus no punctures as it has solid tyres

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 15:28:18

what's BJCM again?

kellyatbabyguds Thu 06-Aug-09 15:31:49

Have a look atwww.babyguds.co.uk/twins/230-baby-jogger-city-mini-double-stroller.html I find it the easiest and one of the lightest to use

Deemented Thu 06-Aug-09 15:57:16

Have you thought of a First Wheels City Twin?

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 06-Aug-09 16:44:37

My new P&T had a lot of punctures until we bought new inner tubes. Sorted.
Don't give up on it yet.
I was convinced this was what air tyres were always like but twas fine afterwards.
fwiw I have had many three wheelers since and never had another puncture.
smile

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 16:50:42

I've had four inner tubes sad
Plus that slime stuff

I'm obviously very unlucky

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 16:58:07

Still love to know what a BJCM is!

naomi83 Thu 06-Aug-09 18:36:51

baby jogger city mini

Lucky13 Thu 06-Aug-09 18:37:02

Baby Jogger city mini

here

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 18:53:11

I like the look of that, it's the one Kelly suggested smile

There seems to be an elite version, is it better to get that? Or go for the regular one?

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 06-Aug-09 18:53:55

It's more than I paid for my P&T though sad I think I paid about £320 inc the doubles seat

kellyatbabyguds Fri 07-Aug-09 10:58:32

You can get the BJCM twin for £300 inc raincovers. If your worried about punctures I qouldn't go for the elite as again it has inflatable tyres where as the mini doesn't

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now