Talk

Advanced search

Ipod Shuffle - Can you listen to things in order it does it just shuffle everything?

(10 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Thu 06-Aug-09 09:03:06

Just a thought whilst downloading loads of audiobooks onto the kids ones for their holiday!

Now I have a fear that all chapters will be shuffled!

Please tell me they can listen to a book at a time!

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

tattybojangles Thu 06-Aug-09 09:05:21

it should have a little switch on it. beside the on/off switch that you can change from shuffled.

MadameCastafiore Thu 06-Aug-09 09:26:53

Cool - so does that mean we just have to sort of toggle through a bit till we find the story/chapter we want?

Thanks for this am sitting here uploading these CDs thinking it is a bloody waste of my time whilst I have the packing and cleaning to do!

Buda Thu 06-Aug-09 09:34:14

I wondered that too. Haven't uploaded anything yet though.

dizzymare Thu 06-Aug-09 09:42:40

It's never occured to me that it's called a shuffle because it shuffles blush

MadameCastafiore Thu 06-Aug-09 09:44:11

Me neither - bought one of the £31 ones for DD thinking would be good for her books. Now I wish I had got the new £59 as they tell you what track/chapter you are listening to so you can tab through with a little more confidence!

Buda Thu 06-Aug-09 10:22:02

I have a shuffle which DH got me for my birthday - I just wanted it to listen to music while walking or on my cross trainer. Have used it once!

We were thinking of getting DS one for his birthday but didn't. Am glad now. May get him one for Xmas but one you can listen to chapters on!

MadameCastafiore Thu 06-Aug-09 10:30:03

Oooohhhh no you can od it - have just listened - she will have to toggle through them to get tot he story she wants and make sure she finishes each chapter but hoorah it can be done!

We also have a couple of old nanos so I may use one of these for DS as I am not so sure he is going to find it so easy to use the shuffle!

Furball Thu 06-Aug-09 10:31:49

like tatty says on the bottom next to the on/off switch is a switch with a couple of logos with arrows one is looped so plays in order the other has crossed arrows which is suffle

AstronomyDomine Thu 06-Aug-09 10:42:22

I downloaded Harry Potter audiobooks (read by Stephen Fry) and had them playing without shuffle on, but then realised I had to rename all the files with BK1-Chapter1, BK1-Chapter2, BK1-Chapter 3.... BK6 - Chapter xyz etc because otherwise all the Chapter 1's would play first, then all the chapter 2's.
Very tedious but I couldn't see any other way round it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now