Talk

Advanced search

Are Grobag Egg Thermometers accurate?

(7 Posts)
vickram Wed 05-Aug-09 23:05:39

I like the idea of knowing at a glance that the room temperature is alright. I was about to buy one but after reading some product reviews on Amazon it looks as though the temperature can be wrong by several degrees. Has anyone had this experience? Thanks

MrsKitty Wed 05-Aug-09 23:30:16

I didn't find mine to be particularly accurate, but they are pretty! grin Probably the biggest waste of twenty quid I've had in a while though.

MamaG Wed 05-Aug-09 23:37:57

Can I be brutal? Don't bother. I bough all sorts of crap supposedly useful products like thermometers and never referred to them!

TheWolf Wed 05-Aug-09 23:52:59

Mine was always wrong and Grobag ignored my complaints about it.

If you want a thermometer you can buy baby monitors with this function.

missnatalie Thu 06-Aug-09 10:19:49

Mine is always wrong by at least 4 degrees. Biggest waste of £20+ ever!!

SweetApril Thu 06-Aug-09 11:15:56

We had one as a gift when DD was born and I've found it really useful. Not got a clue how accurate it is - I've never tested it against another thermometer - but I've never noticed that it's particularly inaccurate. I really feel the cold and DP really feels the heat so we could never agree on whether DD's room was warm/cool enough and it did help having a "third" opinion! It does look pretty too.

hettie Thu 06-Aug-09 11:46:36

we had one- dh actualy bought it as a night light (in the early new born/panic buying session at john lewis grin). It was not really much cop as night light (too dim) and the temp was always about 3 degrees out from what it said on baby moniter. Not worth the cost imho, get one of the BT moniters with temp guage on it if you think temp of room will be imp....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now