Talk

Advanced search

firebelly woodburners anyone?

(8 Posts)
NotanOtter Wed 05-Aug-09 21:54:00

am trying to avoid the 2k clearveiw want for a woodburners and have happened upon these whivh i like the look of....

any advice yay or nay?

smile

NotanOtter Wed 05-Aug-09 21:54:18

'cleaview '

kludge Thu 06-Aug-09 18:44:47

We had a clearview installed last year and rave that it is the best thing we have ever bought for the house. Simple to control the airflow, looks nice, clever airflow stystem means window stays clear, ultra controllable temperature.

There's a reason that all Clearview owners seem to rave about their burners - they are brill!

And we have used other various brands in the past, although never personally had a firebelly.

NotanOtter Thu 06-Aug-09 21:10:16

thanks kledge

Have now moved on to a charnwood!

kludge Thu 06-Aug-09 21:34:08

Charnwood have decent reviews. We were looking at a shortlist of charnwood, morso or clearview.
After much deliberation we went for the clearview, and if I recall correctly, the prices weren't vastly different in the grand scheme of things. We were looking at small stoves though, so I've no idea what the prices are like for larger ones.

NotanOtter Thu 06-Aug-09 22:26:16

kludge...thanks for imput

i WAS going for clearview and at the last minute have gone all shallow as i love the look of the charnwood

not even cheap

kludge Fri 07-Aug-09 10:43:33

If you want lots of expert advice, I can thoroughly recommend the wood energy forum at It's Not Easy Being Green. They're a very helpful lot. Although it's likely that a lot of the advice will be "buy the Clearview". We wouldn't change our Clearview even if you paid us, we love it.

NotanOtter Fri 07-Aug-09 12:30:19

wow thsnkyou - will read that later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now