best scooter for tall 6 year old girl?

(5 Posts)
mimsum Wed 05-Aug-09 13:08:18

DD never had a scooter when she was little as she always rode her bike, but quite a few of her friends have them and there'd be plenty of times when getting her to go somewhere would be a lot easier if we could just take the scooter rather than get out the bikes

I'd like one with a carry strap, light but sturdy, enough adjustability for height (she's already 129cm and growing fast) - it doesn't have to be too girly and I hate anything with cartoon characters on

budget - sensible, not rock-bottom but not top of the range either

any ideas?

blametheparents Wed 05-Aug-09 19:53:57

DS has this one.
It is quite expensive, but has been really sturdy and lasted ages. He uses it for school most days and it gets a real pounding during the holidays! He is nearly 140cm.

brokenspacebar Wed 05-Aug-09 20:27:10

this looks good mimsum, that site has 14 inch wheeled scooters too.

I have been looking for something like this for dd, for going to school over rough pavements/gravel road and for around the garden

brokenspacebar Wed 05-Aug-09 20:35:03

ah but it doesn't come with a carry strap/fold down, sorry.
this is a bit smaller.. aimed at older children

mimsum Wed 05-Aug-09 20:49:49

thanks for those suggestions - does anyone's dc have one of the maxi micros? just wondering if they're considered 'grown-up' enough ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now