Talk

Advanced search

URGENT! ds 6th b'day in 9 days... what to give him??

(14 Posts)
cariboo Wed 05-Aug-09 11:23:15

This is urgent because I order books & toys from the UK & it takes a week to get here (Switz).

I had thought of a Nintendo DS but he seems too young for that yet. He loves Pokemon, Brio, Lego, planes, rockets & cars, cars, cars...

Any suggestions? Please!

QOD Wed 05-Aug-09 11:24:10

DSi is the new DS anyway - hmmmm I have no idea having a 10yr old girl
LOL
sorry!

Curiousmama Wed 05-Aug-09 11:26:25

Does he have a castle? I got ds2 one and he plays with it all the time. It was from ELC they deliver. He's 8 but had it for over a year. You can buy figures to go with it.

Curiousmama Wed 05-Aug-09 11:26:50

A garage for his cars?

Clayhead Wed 05-Aug-09 11:27:07

Playmobil?

SixtyFootDoll Wed 05-Aug-09 11:29:18

DS2 is six, loves his lego Police station
Is into WWE wrestling loves the ring and figures
Has had a DS for a while doesnt play with it that musch

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 11:57:08

how about one of the new lego board games that are new out this year? Not sure what age they are for though!

cariboo Thu 06-Aug-09 16:18:01

thanks for those - any more??

Sazisi Thu 06-Aug-09 17:19:06

I second playmobil.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 06-Aug-09 17:21:50

DS1 is 5 and has just discovered magnetix we love it and have bought him so many smaller kits it would hvae been well worth buying this one bigger set.

IdrisTheDragon Thu 06-Aug-09 17:22:05

DS will be 6 in November and his current desires are lego and a scooter with two wheels.

weegiemum Thu 06-Aug-09 17:24:16

Lego!!

Or a DS is good - my kids who are 9, 7 and 5 all have one and it is a brilliant toy.

Bionicles are the "new thing" with ds (7) and his friends.

Can also second magnetix.

pebbles79 Thu 06-Aug-09 17:27:12

My 3 year old loves his DS and is great on it so 6 definitely not too young.

cariboo Thu 06-Aug-09 20:05:21

I went to this huge toy shop in Geneva today - Swiss version of Hamleys - & left with a Nintendo DS. The salesman asked me all about ds & what he likes to play with. After long deliberation, he told me the best present for my ds would be a drum kit[lol] and he's right, but obviously not feasible.

He also explained all the ins & outs of Pokemon to me, which was interesting but we both agreed that older cartoon characters, such as Scooby Doo and The Flintstones, are far superior to the current oriental characters with their big, glistening eyes, pointed chins & stick mouths.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now