Talk

Advanced search

what does your 4-5 year old like to play with?

(11 Posts)
SparkyFartDust Tue 04-Aug-09 21:23:07

My dd1 is bored with her toys.Any recommendations for toys/games with longevity?

hercules1 Tue 04-Aug-09 21:25:05

Sylvanian family/playmobile stuff. Our dogs.
Those little puppy pocket stuff.

ThingOne Tue 04-Aug-09 21:26:59

Small lego? Interesting craft such as pom poms, foam shapes, googly eyes and pipecleaners?

Games from Orchard Toys?

Just leave her until she works out what to do when left to it?

MissisBoot Tue 04-Aug-09 21:28:42

currently polly pockets are keeping her amused if she's by herself; dressing up if with friends. She could also quite happily colour in for hours on end.

SparkyFartDust Tue 04-Aug-09 21:53:53

thanks for these ideas.

we have some of these toys- but need to revisit them.

we have an 18month old so the front room is awash with preschool toys and I need to give more thought to making more space and time for dd1's games & ideas.

I'm thinking that perhaps she looses her imaginative/ focused play in the chaos the younger one unleashes.

lecohen Tue 04-Aug-09 21:57:19

poo? lol...sorry, couldn't resist

bodiddly Tue 04-Aug-09 22:01:59

ds has just moved on from his drawing and colouring obsession to his new one for making paper aeroplanes ... it is driving me potty! Everywhere I go I find bloody aeroplanes .... I long for the days where he would sit for ages drawing! Sorry that probably doesnt help but he doesnt seem to really play with any of his toys at the moment - am having a big clear out!

glucose Tue 04-Aug-09 22:15:27

dd 41/2 likes her 'babes' -baby dolls, her mothering skills are very intresting......hmm
her orchard toys games
and she is starting to collect sylvanian families

we had a big ebay sell off of most of her preschool toys

lecohen Tue 04-Aug-09 23:02:41

sorry, for some reason I thought you wrote ds - I remember my lil bro only playing with slime and goo at that age, sorry for silly comment lol

Does you DD like to make things? My friend's dd who is around that age adores craft things.

liahgen Tue 04-Aug-09 23:03:49

drawing, drawing, and oh yes drawing.. grin

Dora, and ridingher bike ar ebig at the moment too.

tinkisback Sun 09-Aug-09 18:08:49

my dd1 is 4 years in a few weeks :-

she luvs her :-

elc wooden kitchen
elc rosebud dools house - it is lush
elc rosies world bits
doctors set
baby annabell
playdoh
magic sand
colouring
my little ponies
puzzles

she is getting sylvanian families for her 4th bday plus rosebud stables and other things to go with her dolls house

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now