Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone found any good quality but cheap(ish) curtains for a girl's room?

(8 Posts)

I had some priced to be made up today in Laura Ashley with 30% off was still £197 <faints>, I tried a high street fabric shop and there they were £130! Where can I get some curtains that won't cost the earth?

lecohen Tue 04-Aug-09 21:23:01

Hiya, depends how fancy you want to go...I bought some plain purple satin fabric ones from Primark for about £25 and had them altered to fit for free by my handy MIL and it looks lovely up...when it's sunny, the room becomes a lovely glowey pink colour and my dd loves them!

I'd also like something pretty for dd - we're moving house and I want to make her new room fab to help settle her in. I do want black out lining and my MIL although lovely isn't very handy with a sewing machine wink

lisad123 Tue 04-Aug-09 21:32:17

next do some lovely ones

GirlsAreLoud Tue 04-Aug-09 21:33:02

bhs

lecohen Tue 04-Aug-09 21:36:25

fair enough...I was thinking of putting in a pretty black out roller blind underneath but tbh have managed without it so may not bother now

I'd also like something pretty for dd - we're moving house and I want to make her new room fab to help settle her in. I do want black out lining and my MIL although lovely isn't very handy with a sewing machine wink

OOPS! Sorry, didn't realise it had posted the first time blush - off to look at bhs and next. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now