Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used a Silver Cross Sleepover in pushchair mode?

(6 Posts)
suiledonn Tue 04-Aug-09 11:07:15

Does your dc like it & seem comfortable in it? We bought the Sleepover Pram for dd2 and got it for a great price. We got loads of use out of it as a pram and have also used the chassis with the car seat. I would love a rear facing push chair but can't really afford on at the moment. Just tried converting the pram and although it looks ok for sitting in not sure about the recline.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Aug-09 11:22:34

hang on, the sleepover becomes a rear-facing pushchair, doesn;t it? is it just the recline that worries you?

how old is she?

dd sat up in her carrycot (so facing me) till she was about 7m - I just propped her up against the hood with a blanket and lay her down flat when she fell asleep.

suiledonn Tue 04-Aug-09 12:28:26

Yes. Sleepover becomes a rear facing pushchair so I thought I would give it a try instead of selling it and buying something else. It is very easy to push and takes the buggy board.

It is just the recline that seems a bit uncomfortable - it seems to bend in the wrong place for good head/neck support IYKWIM

DD is nearly 9 months old. Have a Maclaren Quest too which is fine but I think she would prefer to see me and dd1 when we are out and about.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Aug-09 16:14:25

try it and see - if she's uncomfortable she'll soon let you know
I doubt anything else you got would be as nice to push - it is the classic chassis or the Linear?

OoopsWeDidItAgain Tue 04-Aug-09 16:37:48

We have it on the linear chassis and DS (6 months) seems to be more than happy in it as a pushchair. We converted it about a month ago - he's quite a big boy - and we have had no issues with him sitting or sleeping in it.

We have the Maclaren XT for running around in but I would say he is much happier in the SilverCross when we are out for any length of time.

Ours is a hand-me-down from DD (now 3) and she loved it too! And you are so right about the buggy board!!!

suiledonn Tue 04-Aug-09 17:13:09

It's on the linear chassis. I really wanted a lie-flat pram for dd2 and bought it online new for an unbelieveably good price. We used it for dd2 to sleep in as I thought it was much safer with a toddler around than a moses basket.

mrsbadger You are right about pushing it. It is a dream compared to the Graco travel system I had for dd1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now