Talk

Advanced search

Loo seats

(2 Posts)
redhotredhead Tue 04-Aug-09 08:19:46

Is it just me or does anyone es;se go through loo seats at a rate of knots? I have a DH and 2 little boys so ours does get a fair amount of wear and tear but I swear I have replaced the loo seat at least once a year for the last 3 years, sometimes they have only lasted six months. I have always gone for the ones with metal hinges (steel, chrome - not sure?) thinking they would be harder wearing but the same thing always happens - sooner or later one or both of the hinges just shears in half rendering the seat unuseable and un fixable. So your best loo seat recomendations please!

purepurple Tue 04-Aug-09 08:43:57

I have no advice to give but a doom-laden 'it doesn't get any better'.
Sorry, but it is better that you know now, than live in the false hope that it might all improve one day.
I have a fab bathroom, only a few years old
except I can't shut the door as DS has knackeered the door handle and I have to wedge the door shut with my dressing gown when I use the loo.
DH smashed the shower screen one drunken night, only a few months after it was installed, falling onto it. He blamed the antibiotics.
And on saturday, I got back from holiday to find that DS had smashed the toilet seat. Apparently, he slipped and hit it with his head hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now