Talk

Advanced search

doll house for a boy

(9 Posts)
margobambino Mon 03-Aug-09 22:44:49

I am looking for a doll house which is not too girly and has a letter box on its door.
Ds likes houses and has been playing with his teddy's house shaped cardboard box (you know, build a bear ones).
(Is it a bad idea to buy a doll house to a boy?)

gigglewitch Mon 03-Aug-09 22:47:45

my dses love[d] happy land - ELC stuff, the play mat and Rose cottage, also post office and stuff - ticks all the boxes and is defo girl or boy stuff wink

NotanOtter Mon 03-Aug-09 22:48:18

course not!!

we have ....

gigglewitch Mon 03-Aug-09 22:48:46

ds2 is 5 and dd is 3 - they still play with it a lot, ds2 had it for his 2nd birthday then built it up by adding bits each b/day / xmas for a while after smile

NotanOtter Mon 03-Aug-09 22:50:57

this for the boys

gigglewitch Mon 03-Aug-09 22:54:05

wow - that looks fab notanotter grin

NotanOtter Mon 03-Aug-09 22:55:11

we collect it - really great stuff gigglewitch

really interesting characters and just adorable!

margobambino Mon 03-Aug-09 23:44:34

That really looks fab notanotter but I think the Happyland one is better my DS as he is only 2.
Thanks, gigglewitch. I had a look at all the happyland range. Do you have the Police Station as well? If you do, can I ask whether the traffic lights are working?

gigglewitch Tue 04-Aug-09 00:23:24

no - I think that is the only thing we don't have shock as it's a more recent thing, we haven't added to our 'collection' hmm in the last 2yrs or so, well p'raps 18 months - but fwiw the things on other houses, shops and everything have flushing loos grin, ding-donging doorbells, singing tv's etc etc - so it is quite possible that the traffic lights do their thing grin Sirens on fire station work etc - perhaps buy yourself some earplugs whilst you are shopping? wink
Btw, if you're buying online, either join the big birthday club asap for your own vouchers, or put PARTY in at the checkout, which will get you 20% off grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now