Talk

Advanced search

advice needed on where best to sell baby stuff?

(20 Posts)
bodiddly Mon 03-Aug-09 20:02:25

I need to raise some funds and want to sell all of ds' baby/toddler things. I have already sold the buggies etc on ebay but now need to sell 3.5 years of clothes and toys! I am not so worried about the toys as a friend is having some for her grandsons and I can ebay or car boot the rest. Can anyone suggest where the best place to sell the clothes, books, bedding, gro bags etc ...ebay/car boot/on here/other sites? I realise they won't go for much but there is a lot of stuff!

janx Mon 03-Aug-09 20:38:32

I prefer selling things here - car boots are a bit minging in my area..ebay is a faff..people on here are nice. You could do a nct sale, but not sure how that all works.
I am also interested in boys stuff grin

bodiddly Mon 03-Aug-09 20:38:37

bodiddly Mon 03-Aug-09 20:39:33

What are you looking for janx ... I have everything! smile

janx Mon 03-Aug-09 20:42:42

Well I don't really need anything smile, but like buying my wee man things...he is 20 months but big for his age! Actually I do need some bedding - cot bed sheets would be good. Books - he loves trains etc -

bodiddly Mon 03-Aug-09 20:52:30

I have a set of 2 mothercare flannelette flat sheets cot/cot bed size brand new in the packet - cream colour. Price on packet says £9.99 but obviously wouldn't want that! I have some used sheets as well but these have never been out of the packet! I have a cot bed duvet suitable from 12 months .. the mothercare bear and the sheets, light shade, curtains etc that go with it. Not sure if I have any train books for that age .. but will have a look.

I have loads of clothes and things like cagoules which have only been worn once (real bargain!). Coats, shoes, tops, trousers ... vests .. you name it!

I have so much stuff so if there is anything else you are after I can look. I have just taken it out to look at it all before I sort it properly for sale. No pressure though ... I was really just wondering where best to sell not touting for business!

mrsjammi Mon 03-Aug-09 20:56:49

Message withdrawn

bodiddly Mon 03-Aug-09 21:00:41

ok, so maybe the best policy is to sort it all out and then post on the for sale boards here first before I ebay/car boot. Is there basically no point trying to sell stuff individually ... are bundles the only way to go? Mixed items or all tops, all vests, all trousers etc as separate bundles? Or literally bung everything of one age together and hope for the best?

mrsjammi Mon 03-Aug-09 21:03:06

Message withdrawn

janx Mon 03-Aug-09 21:04:00

Def interested in brand new sheets - can I check size with you though - let me know what you would like for them
What make of clothes are they - i am a bit of a fuss pot - not keen on bob/thomas logo type stuff - like boden/jojo monsoon things

bodiddly Mon 03-Aug-09 21:05:20

good to know, thanks mrsjammi

bodiddly Mon 03-Aug-09 21:10:21

the packet says the sheets are approximately 120cm x 155cm - will weigh them to see how much postage is if you are interested.

The clothes are largely Next to be honest .. maybe a couple of Monsoon, Mini Boden or Gap things but mainly Next - no bob/thomas logo stuff though. I will pull it all out and come back on to the for sale board with a list/photos. If you want to give me your email address I can send you photos of anything I come across that is Monsoon etc.

janx Mon 03-Aug-09 21:14:57

Sure that will fit - will double check tomorrow- let me know the price posted - do you take paypal? - most people on here use it .
my email is jancullen2000@yahoo.co.uk. Am interested in gap and mini mode too - have a thing about tank tops -love them. Look forward to seeing what you have -ta

bodiddly Mon 03-Aug-09 21:23:32

ds did have some tank tops actually .. but they were probably Next .. will check on it all and let you know!

bodiddly Tue 04-Aug-09 13:46:25

do you all tend to throw clothes away that have marks on them or do you pass them on to charity shops? I can't imagine people wanting to buy them when stuff is going so cheaply on ebay but it seems criminal to bin things that still have plenty of wear left in them!

bodiddly Tue 04-Aug-09 19:27:15

janx Tue 04-Aug-09 19:36:23

hi - not sure if that question is for me? I either give them away or if they are really stained put them into those rag banks. If they are in good condition I try and sell them.

Did you manage to work out a price for the sheets?

newlark Tue 04-Aug-09 22:24:17

I don't give large volumes to charity shops as they can't shift large quantities of baby clothes and might end up having to chuck them which costs them money. For vests/baby gros etc I bundle them and put them into NCT sales for 50p or £1 - hopefully someone with that age child will get some more use out of them . I think NCT sales are a pretty good way to go - you might get more for reasonable brands than on ebay though they take a 30% cut.

mel1981 Tue 04-Aug-09 22:41:23

theres a website called bigwardrobe.com where you can sell clothes- dont know how goo it is for selling as only found out about it the other day on mumsnet. Gumtree could be worth a go for bundles but its aimed at your local area so it gets collected rather than posted.
If you want to give it away try freecycle. again for your local area and they collect- theres always people wanting baby clothes in my area. Just bundle them up and advertise its that easy!
ive sold a few bits on mumsnet before, its easy and quick.

Good luck smile

NK3308e180X1210d8d8b46 Sun 06-Sep-09 19:42:07

i have loads of excellent condition boys clothes ages 0-6 months, can anybody help me on how i go about selling them on mumsnet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now