Talk

Advanced search

Phil & Teds E3 or Sport

(6 Posts)
louyem Mon 03-Aug-09 19:47:54

I have been offered a Second Hand 2009 P&T Sport with double kit sleeping bag and raincover for £300, and also offered a 2 year old E3 double with cocoon for a lot less. Does anyone know if there is much difference in the models and if a sleeping bag is sufficient without the cocoon for a newborn?

sazm Mon 03-Aug-09 21:12:23

hi,i had an e3 and loved it,
the main thing with the sport is that it has the reclining toddler seat,it also has mudguards,an adjustable handle (and i think it folds easier?)

the e3 was fine for me,and mine was only £130,as oppose to the price of a sport!
my ds was born in december,and i didnt use a coccoon, i had him in a snowsuit with a blanket under him and a couple on top and he was cosy,

i would say the coccoon is worth it it you will use it most days,i only used mine once/twice a week,

missorinoco Mon 03-Aug-09 21:15:24

I have a sport and love it, but if someone had offered me an E3 for a lot less I would have gone for it! The raincover only costs £20 new and will be easy to pick up.

If it helps, the Phil and Teds website goes through the difference between the buggies.

louyem Tue 04-Aug-09 11:13:28

Thanks But the webite doesn't show the E3 presumably because it has been replcaed. The recline in the toddler seat concerns me a bit for sleeping- does anyone know if there is a big difference in this?

sazm Tue 04-Aug-09 21:56:25

theres only about an inch or so recline in it,
the other thing is that the sport can be folded with the doubles seat on it (when the seat is on the back)
but it only takes a few seconds to remove it anyways,

will you get a lot of use from it?
or will you only use it now and then?

missorinoco Thu 06-Aug-09 14:54:30

sorry, didn't realise that about the website.

i hadn't noticed the recline in the toddler seat. keep trying to remember to look for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now