Talk

Advanced search

Presents with the word "mum" or "mother" on them

(22 Posts)
stressed2007 Mon 03-Aug-09 09:29:00

Hi - it is my b.day soon and was thinking maybe would ask for some of these (I am being asked what I want) as long as not too naff. Has anyone seen anything particularly sweet/useful? Thanks

MrsBadger Mon 03-Aug-09 09:52:01

I think anything with the word 'mum' or 'mother' on it is naff by definition...

ArnoldTheBeard Mon 03-Aug-09 09:56:07

Message withdrawn

stressed2007 Mon 03-Aug-09 10:48:05

oh do try and be helpful..things are getting desperate here I am goig to end up with slippers...!

Tortington Mon 03-Aug-09 10:50:10

i hate this type of jewellery i think its what people with no taste wear

however i am up for a little kitch occasionally. just not jewellery

What about those fingerprint jewellery things?

Like this.

They make me go all mushy, I would love one.

MrsBadger Mon 03-Aug-09 11:04:03

no no no

ask for lovely things you would buy yourself if only you could afford it

earrings
lovely leather notebook
handbag

replacements for all the things that are getting scruffy - purse, sponge bag, weekend luggage

Buda Mon 03-Aug-09 11:06:14

A friend has a lovely simple necklace with 3 little charms on with each of her DC's initials. It is very simple and cute. It was given to her as a present and bought in US though.

HuffySpice Mon 03-Aug-09 11:10:12

Surely a home made card with 'mum' or 'mummy' on it, stuck on the kitchen wall would be better. Then you can have something sensible like an afternoon at a spa, or a gorgeous pair of shoes, or something scrumptious and unnecessary for the kitchen, or a pommerainian puppy for your birthday.

HuffySpice Mon 03-Aug-09 11:11:58

Oh, actually, something I would really like is two gold bangles with my daughter's name engraved on the inside of one and my son's name on the inside of the other.

CountessDracula Mon 03-Aug-09 11:13:44

how about this?

Useful as well as having mum written on it

And not naff

LyraSilvertongue Mon 03-Aug-09 11:18:45

Or this?

BertieBotts Mon 03-Aug-09 11:29:07

Haha Lyra someone bought me that when DS was born

SlartyBartFast Mon 03-Aug-09 11:31:44

a Chrysathemum plant?

MrsBonJovi Mon 03-Aug-09 11:31:52

Gotta say i do love the finger print necklace...a colleague has one. they do look lovely.

nappyaddict Mon 03-Aug-09 11:33:52

So are presents with the word Dad, Nan, Grandad, Sister, Brother, Aunt, Uncle, Godmother, Godfather, Friend etc just as naff.

glitterstar88 Mon 03-Aug-09 11:47:07

I got two silver charms for my birthday earlier this year, one with DS1 finger print and first initial on it, the other with DS2 footprint and first initial on it.

HappyMummyOfOne Mon 03-Aug-09 12:53:41

I like the idea of the initial charms on a bracelet or hidden engraving but not keen on presents with mum, dad etc on. Particularly hate ones that say "teacher" on - cant even imagine how many teachers get over the years.

I'd go for something special you actually want rather than something that says mum on.

stressed2007 Mon 03-Aug-09 13:59:15

I agree with lovely things you could not afford but luckily I can afford anything I want - that sounds wrong - really it is that I don't want anything if you know what I mean

I like the 2 bangles idea. Very nice

Buda what do the charms look like?

glitterstar88 do you knw where your charms came from?

I know you are all so good on here at finding things can anyone please find me where to buy initial charms but not tiny ones - like block ones so more chunky and maybe in gold?

MrsBadger Mon 03-Aug-09 14:38:26

lovely chunky gold letter charms here - do 'sort my material -> gold'

not cheap though

giraffesCantCatchSwineFlu Mon 03-Aug-09 14:42:33

this is great, I am going to get it to signify I am a swine flu survivor

stressed2007 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:55:38

MrsBadger just what I think I need - bit expensive though think there is a bit of a premium there for the Links name

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now