Talk

Advanced search

Movement\Heartbeat Monitors - who has them & which one?

(11 Posts)
PoppetOne Sun 02-Aug-09 22:08:10

Hi all, I am new here & this is my first post smile

I have been reading various threads for a while now and have plucked up courage to join the fray!
Basically, I am first time mum and was quite relaxed about my PFB until we took her to docs with a blue tongue. Since then, I am worried about SIDS so would like advice about movement\heatbeat monitors. Seen a couple - Nircom Babysense II & Snuza, plus a friend has one of the pad sensor things but not sure which would suit.

Any advice/comments would be most welcome grin

Thanks, in advance

JustcallmeDog Sun 02-Aug-09 22:11:53

Message withdrawn

PoppetOne Sun 02-Aug-09 22:36:16

Hi, thanks for prompt response smile

Were the false alarms due to the unit detaching from nappy/baby? DD is a wriggler and I think this (if any) will be my problem.

Thanks again, very helpful post

sazm Sun 02-Aug-09 22:45:50

if you talk to your midwife about your worries they can actually supply one for you,

we had one for our ds (preemie) and another for our dd (just for peace of mind)

never had any problems with ours with regards o false alarms,

PoppetOne Sun 02-Aug-09 22:54:00

Hi sazm, was HV supplied monitor like one Justcallmedog described on earlier post?

Thanks

JustcallmeDog Mon 03-Aug-09 08:34:51

Message withdrawn

sazm Mon 03-Aug-09 10:08:17

oh god i dont know what it was called (was 5yrs ago the first one,second was slightly diff but that was 3yrs ago!)
it was one which we taped to him,
depending on what tape you used though,ours didnt hurt coming off,or leave a mark,

it was a rectangular box which made a ticking noise!!!

JustcallmeDog Mon 03-Aug-09 14:35:28

Message withdrawn

sazm Mon 03-Aug-09 19:22:54

yep sounds like it lol,
we never had any problems,and the ticking was actually soothing as we knew it was keeping an eye on him too,was really strange when we stopped using it as we were so used to the noise!

difficultdecision Mon 03-Aug-09 19:42:21

babysense II is brilliant, never had a false alarm and we used it for a year (paranoid medical mummy and a baby who kept forgetting how to breathe). it is very easy to use and worked even when he was only 2.5kg. it comes with two pads so they can't roll off.

PoppetOne Fri 07-Aug-09 21:23:18

Many thanks for everyones input.

HV wasn't too worried & didn't have much response when asked for a loan. Have ordered Snuza now, can't wait for it to arrive!

Cheers again, all very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now