Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

First Wheels City Twin Pram

(7 Posts)
Deemented Sun 02-Aug-09 07:33:24

Am toying with the idea of selling the prams i have to fund one of these, I especially like the idea of having the carrycot part so that the baby can lie flat and i love that both children can be facing me.

I tried one out in the shop yesterday, found it really light which is good as i have a bad back, very easy to push annd really easy to take seats/carrycot on and off - only downside i found was the size of the chassis when folded down - i'm going to have to get a new car!!!

Has anyone got one of these, and if so, how do you find it?

AnxiousAnne Sun 02-Aug-09 07:42:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Verity79 Sun 02-Aug-09 12:28:45

I have one and I love it (am using it again soon with DD2 & DD3 when she arrives). I really liked having DD1 facing me (had a Hauck Infinity as my 1st pram) and I feel a carry cot is a lovely way for a baby to travel. I only used the carry cot until 5 months though as that's when DD2 started sitting up.

The raincovers do take up a lot of space so I got two mesh buggy bags from Poundland to attach to the back of the seats to put the raincovers in so the baskets were free for shopping. The pushchair can take a LOT of shopping on the handle bar without tipping. I just used 2 of the mothercare/boots pram clip one on either side. As I don't drive I needed large shopping carrying capacity and FWCT definately fulfilled this.

I also never folded it down as I took it round through the back gate and into the dining room by the patio door so could leave DDs sleeping in it.

When we took it out it did fit in DH's car (Mazda Premacy) but had to take boot cover off.

It also fits on our local buses and apart from boutiquey type shops and sports shops I've not had problems getting around. I can also turn it in a lift so I don't have to back in/out (except primark/next lifts which are tiny).

It has broken though as DD1 had a massive temper tantrum and I strapped her in to the pushchair rather than deal with her and she rocked the seat until part of the frame that attaches the seat to it snapped. The UK distributers were fantastic and the repair only cost £40 including return carriage.

I have the old style though not the 2009 version with the metal detailing so I'm not sure what improvements they have made.

On the whole I've been really impressed with the build of it and enjoyed pushing it everywhere. I've even had people take pictures of it to show OHs what pram they wanted!

Deemented Sun 02-Aug-09 13:35:20

Aw, brilliant - thank you both so much for your views. I really do think this is the pram for me now grin

AnxiousAnne Sun 02-Aug-09 16:12:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Deemented Sun 02-Aug-09 16:16:47

To be honest, i can't afford to buy new, so have been looking on ebay, and they seem to be going for roughly a third of what they sell in the shops.

However, if either of you decide to sell - just shout! grin

skyeleigh Mon 21-Sep-09 15:06:13

hello am selling a first wheels city twin in black with pram if any one at all interested xx
am very sad to see it go was a great pushchair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now