Talk

Advanced search

best potty ideas

(13 Posts)
margobambino Sat 01-Aug-09 21:50:03

Can you help me with choosing a potty for my 2 years old DS? We have one of these: www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Fun-To-Learn-Potty/dp/B000LXKYV6/ref=pd_cp_by_1_img
But DS is using it as a toy and doesn't want to do anything in it
What is the best basic potty in the market?

gnatbite Sat 01-Aug-09 21:59:44

We've had a few, but the one that seems to have had the best results is this one

Good luck!

norktasticninja Sat 01-Aug-09 21:59:56

The Baby Bjorn Little Potty is great but it could be too small if your DS is a big chap. The Tots Bots potty has always looked fab to me, it's a potty and then a loo adapter and step. They aren't available over here, so I've not got one /seen on in the flesh.

What ever sort you go for white is the best colour IMO. It's easier to see when you're peering in to work out if they've done a wee yet or not IYSWIM

I'm sure loo adapter is the wrong word but I've never looked into these thing in English...

margobambino Sat 01-Aug-09 22:07:07

norktasticninja, yesmy DS is quite big, looks like 3.
I'm wondering whether this one is big enough;
www.amazon.co.uk/BabyBjorn-Potty-Chair-Ocean-Blue/dp/B000MF18QS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249159279&sr =8-1

norktasticninja Sat 01-Aug-09 22:11:20

I've heard good things about this one too, especially for larger children.

I know recommending a 'designer' potty seems a bit poncy but BB are brilliant at producing good functional designs. Their bouncy chair is the only decently designed one I could fine. The bowls are great too. 'tis a shame about the logos though. Ho hum.

norktasticninja Sat 01-Aug-09 22:12:07

lol - x posts! Ds distracted me grin

AcademicMum Sat 01-Aug-09 22:28:33

We skipped the potty stage with ds1 and went straight to a trainer seat on the toilet. This was much more successful as he just used to throw his potty around/play with it...

norktasticninja Sat 01-Aug-09 22:41:17

Good point AcademicMum. It's more logical than the potty really. I think I'd have gone straight to the loo if we'd done it the 'classic' way but DDs too small to get on the loo herself, even with a step but she does think it's great to use the 'big peoples toilet'.

sazm Sat 01-Aug-09 23:38:25

we had the tesco 3-in-1
potty which turns into a seat for on the toilet and a step,my sister bought it for her dd,and i used it for mine too,
i found my ds used his basic 99p potty until he got the idea,then daddy taught him to pee standing up SO much easier lol

margobambino Sun 02-Aug-09 21:38:15

It seems we need a potty at least for a short while because DS gives us very short notice at the moment. He was ready fro PT at approximately 20th month but we haven't been able to start yet, so he sees no point of telling it earlier at the moment
I think I will go for the baby bjorn one if there is no other ideas. Only problem is that it seems a bit expensive for only plastic potty blush.

Tangle Sun 02-Aug-09 23:28:28

We've used these for DD and she seems to find them pretty comfy - she's now about 26 months and will still use it from time to time (we haven't got big enough steps and seats sorted on all the toilets yet...)

Its not flashy, but at £3 we weren't complaining

ramblingmum Mon 03-Aug-09 07:46:40

I like the sort which are like a chair with a removable bowel, just because they are more stable. We have had several accidents where dd has stood up and tipped the basic potty over.I think the plastic stuck to her bottom. She did like to sit for a while.

scattykatty Mon 03-Aug-09 12:30:15

this is what we have and the DS seems to like it so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now