Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a pram with a carrycot (preferrably) BUT not one with huge big mega wheels

(11 Posts)
IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sat 01-Aug-09 21:16:49

Now NOT that we are trying yet but I am getting the implant out and we will be after that appointment.
The reason for this queation is I for various reasons will have the cash fairly soon to purchase a pram so browsing (just out of curiosity you understand)
I got rid of my Mutsy Urban Rider when I moved out of the country and into the city and partly stupidly thinking I wouldn't have the space for it but actually I would have.

Looking for something that has a carrycot, preferrably a car seat that fits on it too as dd and ds have heaps of hospital appointments between them regularly and would be easier for taxi's and stuff.

I'm 5'9" so reasonably high handles and nice to push. I have not looked at prams for sooo long I have no idea what is out there anymore.

Is that Chicco one that you but with everything any good? And does anyone know if it folds with the seat unit on the chassis???

JustcallmeDog Sat 01-Aug-09 21:20:15

Message withdrawn

sazm Sat 01-Aug-09 21:28:05

the chicco for me folds with the seat unit on,is very long though when parent facing unless you take the hood off,good padded carseat though,
the bebeconfort streety is another,

both have carrycots available as extras but the seat units on the lie flat so you can use it for a newborn,

PigeonPie Sat 01-Aug-09 21:35:35

The Stokke Xplory meets all your criteria however, it is rather pricey. But it's the only pram / pushchair I have ever owned and I have two DC so it's earned its keep.

jelliebelly Sat 01-Aug-09 21:39:52

We have an iCandy Apple which you can buy a carrycot for, pushchair can be forward or rear facing and handle extends really easily. MaxiCosi carseat also fits onto chassis but have to buy it separately. You can't buy off the internet but loads of bargains on ebay for new/nearly new.

sarahken Sat 01-Aug-09 22:52:00

I have a mamas and papas luna (£129.99) which comes in pushchair form which is suitable from birth anyway with really funky liners to choose from, but I bought the carrycot to match off mamas and papas website for £35 which just attaches on. They dont appear to have the carrycot part on their website anymore but you can get them from various other places including ebay. I got the green one and everyone comments on it. The carrycot last until 6 months when it simply reverts to a pushchair. I think this is the most compact pram I have every seen, with small wheels but a generous basket. Really great pram for a budget price
"Look at this page" "and here static1.freeads.net/img/270x200/8df323010d67ab3689f5bec5c3dd2b037653f49a.jpg" "and here www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-luna-pushchair-cress/102189402/type-i/" I have the bag and parasol to match, and you can also get pink, orange or dark purple.

sazm Sat 01-Aug-09 23:15:18

theres also the maclaren xlr,it has a carseat which fits on,you can also get a carrycot for it now,only thing is it doesnt parent face,dont know if you mind that or not?

moaningminniewhingesagain Sat 01-Aug-09 23:21:35

I have this, you can slot the carseat into the chassis, or use as pram/carrycot, and converts to pushchair, parent facing if you like.

Have to take the seat off to fold it though, which is a PITA

WesternBelle Sat 01-Aug-09 23:21:41

Loola UP is neat & tidy, folds up with seat unit on chassis (bulky but does it), is front and rear facing, has great carrycot and handles have 3 settings, I'm 5'8" and middle setting is fine for me but there is one higher if required for taller people smile

and has small wheels.

WesternBelle Sat 01-Aug-09 23:25:07

Oh and seat unit is fully reclining ie totally suitable for NB or for older babies who like their naps lying down. Steers like a dream.

Only downside I would say is that sun window on hood of unit is too big & lets too much light in, but I just throw a blanket or muslin over on sunny days and problem solved!

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sun 02-Aug-09 12:37:29

oooh I like all of them.
I did think about the Micralite but the seat doesn't recline at all does it??
I like the Loona and it actually looks nice with the carrycot on it.

One of the reasons I wanted the carrycot option is that I will have 3-4 school/nursery runs to do a day and wanted to be able to leave a baby sleeping in it between rather than disturb it between are the pramette style ones suitable for that?

I am off to have a proper look at all the links you have given there are some great ideas here.
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now