Talk

Advanced search

Cotbed duvet covers

(35 Posts)
sazzerbear Sat 01-Aug-09 20:33:04

Please help! Where can I find nice, reasonably priced duvet covers for a cotbed duvet size 120x140? From my investigating so far, it seems that White Co have limited selection, Mothercare are a bit babyish (more nursery-like) and other cos (like Vertbaudet) have different sized duvets to start with! AArgh it's driving me nuts TIA grin

nickytwotimes Sat 01-Aug-09 20:35:16

I just bought a normal size duvet and use it sideways. Then you can get any duvet cover you fancy and at a fraction of the price.
Also prevents ds falling out all the time.

sazzerbear Sat 01-Aug-09 20:36:14

Of course, I knew there had to be a simple answer - thanks nicky!!!

nickytwotimes Sat 01-Aug-09 20:38:21

grin
I am very tight thrifty.

sazzerbear Sat 01-Aug-09 20:41:50

very commendable!

sazzerbear Sun 02-Aug-09 13:55:04

anyone else?

MuddledMum Tue 04-Aug-09 14:52:02

We've just had the same problem.

I've ordered one from Great Little Trading (although it has yet to arrive). Elsewhere John Lewis have a limited selection, Next do quite a few but they seemed to be all 50% polyester, 50% cotton (we were looking for 100% cotton due to rash prone little one), and we bought one from a company called Baroo at our local 'sell everything to do with kids' shop. It was very cute (blue giraffes on stoney coloured gingham print) for a little boy and looked less baby like than a lot we saw. It was also only £25 which frankly given the hefty price for some of the ones online seemed like a bargain!

lynniep Tue 04-Aug-09 15:01:23

I gave up in the end and cut down a single bed cover from M&S that is really good quality (and made two matching cushions from the offcut)

I did orginally buy a Bob Builder cover on ebay which was cotbed size, but when I got it the fabric was such horrible quality I sent it back (sadly lost the p&p and seller fees as well) Wish I hadnt bothered.

They are ridiculously expensive considering they are smaller than the cheaper single size.

I'm not saying they are reasonably priced, but you could have a look at:

http://www.thetoddlerbedcompany.com/products.php?cat=8

http://www.thekidswindow.co.uk/

http: //www.linenstore.co.uk/cot-bed-bedding-1870/?gclid=CMDFyJqUipwCFaAA4wodzw0EYA

sazm Tue 04-Aug-09 20:05:28

ebay have lots of different ones
is it for a ds or dd?

lisad123 Tue 04-Aug-09 20:07:20

IKEA ~

rubyhjarvis Thu 06-Aug-09 00:00:10

how about here
www.funkymoose.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=91_144
- we went for the lollipop tearose but they do some other lovely duvet covers too. hope it helps.

clemette Thu 06-Aug-09 00:09:52

Dunhelm Mill sells them.
And there are loads on ebay - currently one going for £3.97...

happywomble Thu 06-Aug-09 06:57:43

I bought one from Jojo Maman Bebe.

SofiaAmes Thu 06-Aug-09 07:19:32

If you can get someone to bring it over from the usa, this store has the greatest stuff.

EldonAve Tue 08-Sep-09 11:21:47

bumping as I can't find anything suitable for my LO's junior bed

Roomfor2 Tue 08-Sep-09 11:29:34

Just buy a single duvet and then you have no problems. They are much better as you can tuck them under the mattress and they stay put, then you can reuse when they go into a proper bed. Much more economical all ways round IMO.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 08-Sep-09 11:31:01

Ikea here too and they have some cute covers. Perfect size for dd's cot.

EldonAve Tue 08-Sep-09 12:16:23

Ikea stuff all seemed either for cots or full size beds - I couldn't find anything in between

mejon Tue 08-Sep-09 14:35:51

I'd 2nd getting a single bed duvet too having made the mistake of getting a cot-bed sized one for DD's toddler bed. There is very little choice of cot-bed sized covers and of those you can find, some are bigger than others (Ikea and Vertbaudet are smaller than the standard ones I think) and they are much more expensive too. A toddler sized one will set you back at least £25 whereas you can get single sets for less than £10.

EldonAve Tue 08-Sep-09 17:01:26

Thanks I don't think a single duvet will work as the bed is squished into the room with not much floor space

sazm Tue 08-Sep-09 17:03:43

i have 2 sets of gorgeous girls bedding made by babydan,brand new in boxes,
its cream with pink scroll writing and little gold crowns on it,

mejon Tue 08-Sep-09 17:05:16

Ah but you turn it sideways and tuck it under both sides so the little blighters darlings can't get out! Actually DD's toddler sized one is currently sideways on on the bed and there is enough to tuck in either side. There's no duvet to tuck at the bottom of the bed but then she's very short and it'll be years before her feet touch the end!

EldonAve Tue 08-Sep-09 20:53:24

sazm - thanks but I think the babydan stuff is too small

mejon - I don't think you will convince me to buy a full size duvet smile

ilovetochat Tue 08-Sep-09 21:00:35

i have a mothercare cot/cotbed duvet, yellow/orange with giraffes on, part of the happy safari type bedding, brand new still in wrapper.

EldonAve Tue 08-Sep-09 21:18:54

So do mothercare sell more instore than just pink and blue they have online? I looked last weekend and they had nothing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now